Optik TV
Forum discussion about TELUS Optik TV Home Services devices, equipment, and solutions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest topics

Optik TV upgrade is slow and cranky

I have had this setup since November 2014 without any changes and no issues and then this upgrade.the upgrade has also slowed the audio return after a forward skip or channel change from 2 to 5 seconds, this is very annoying. Had a technician out and...

Space56 by Just Moved In
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

new tv remote problem

the new tv remote doesnt have the option to change inputs on your tv, good job telus.

Connor by Organizer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Your optik tv digital box is initializing, this will only take a moment"

My son "accidentally" unplugged the modem but plugged it back in right away and ever since I've been getting this message. This moment has taken 2 hours now and I'm quite frustrated. I've tried the unplugging and waiting 5 seconds- 5 minutes. What ar...

Emmy by Just Moved In
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optik on the Go stopped working

A few days ago - likely the same time as the update to the Optik guide software etc, the Optik On the Go video viewer stopped working on my Mac desktop and laptop. And this is with Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers. The menu display works but when ...

CBF by Just Moved In
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Optik Guide is super slow after upgrade

Bringing up the guide with Optik is so slow after the upgrade. It takes 5 - 10 seconds to see the guide after hitting the button. Also, if I hit the cancel button to get out of the guide, it takes 5 - 10 seconds for it to disappear. Is this normal?

DVR has become unresponsive with Harmony Home remote since update

Before the recent software update to 2.6, my Harmony Home remote was working perfectly. However since the 2.6 update, I have to send a command 5 or 6 times before the DVR responds. I haven't changed any hardware or locations of my DVR and Harmony Hub...

Oc3LoT by Just Moved In
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is my optic tv Pvr box taking so long to "initialize"?

Our hard wired pvr tv box has been stuck on the screen with the message "Your optic tv digital box is initializing, this will only take a moment."It has been this way all day. My other tv with a wireless pvr box only took a few minutes to initialize ...

Lucky1 by Just Moved In
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optik New Menu good but not good for the elderly and non-computer persons

All my Optik boxes updated with new tv menus/ui today. There is a lot of good detail but there are some major downfalls that remind me on MS Windows lousy desktop and software UI changes over the decades. The changes are fine for us computer types bu...

NeilWH by Neighbour
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop the Telus TV remote from turning the box on with the OK button.

I have two TV boxes in the same room and confirming anything with the OK button turns the other box on and then it starts moving through the menus with the display off so it starts deleting programs and getting random programs scheduled to record as ...

the_sto by Just Moved In
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Digital Audio output problems after newest Optik Dec 1 update

Anybody else having issues with the digital audio output after the update? I feed the output into my sound system. Now when you skip ahead or behind on recorded programs, the sound is muted for an annoying 3 seconds and then when it does come on, it ...

RaymondT by Neighbour
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos