cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shotty Samsung S10 and bad customer service

AmandaP
Neighbour
Would anyone be willing to direct me to the best place to share my bad experience with the Samsung S10 and Telus' response to the matter? Feel as though unsuspecting potential buyers should be warned. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Do you have a problem with the Samsung phone itself. Or an issue with TELUS mobility service.

Both!! I'm on my third s10, spent over 7 hours at the kiosk dealing with the problem phones over the past month and paying through the teeth for this plan. When I call telus to say maybe some compensation for my troubles is in order, they tell me they don't make the phones . Give me $5 off my bill. And guess what, as of today, the third s10 is doing the same thing as the other two!! Now I'm locked in for a two year contract, paying through the nose for a broken phone, and both Telus and Samsung are unapologetically saying too bad, you bought it, it's your problem. How does that compute?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have a lemon of a car, do you complain to the gas station, or the town / province who provide the roads it drives on?  Of course not.

If the Device is faulty, you need to take Samsung to task, or switch to a more reliable manufacturer.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hello @NFtoBC

HOWEVER you complain to where you got the car from.. So in the OP case, they are complaining to Telus to show then that the S10 has issues. If 3 of theses S10 have issues, of course you will complain to both Telus and Samsung Canada to show that what's going on.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
After the third phone experiencing the same issue I would choose another brand or phone. While a person may purchase the phone at TELUS. At the end of the day it’s the manufactures hardware that’s at fault.

Curious what issue it is as the op never stated the problem.

ultimately it's also Telus to know that issues are happening with a device which costs most then $1,000 which they do sell to their customers. Not just Samsung. The carrier also has to know that it's customers are having issues with the devices they sell. Just like any store that sells any type of electronic device.

Samsung should know as well since they manufactured the device and should know about the problem. If it's a big issue, then it should get resolved / fixed asap.

I would also like to know the issue the OP is having.

We have zero details about what the issues actually were. There's no point in commenting on who is responsible for what util we get some facts from the OP.

With all of the phones, the main issue has been that they all restart randomly, and yes I did make sure the scheduled restart option was off. The first one, the camera was a complete disaster and did not work properly, it would crash web pages, drop calls, shocked me (!); a laundry list of issues. The second one was better but the amount of restarts were worse- up to 6 times in a four hour period. When speaking to Samsung, they denied any known issues, where I got it from, they said that it was a software issue and not all were doing it. Thought I would try one more time with the third replacement before trying to find another brand to go with. After two days it was restarting itself as well and I had to start looking at options. They released a software update a couple of days ago and I have not had a restart for going on the third day so I am hopeful that the problem may have been fixed. My biggest frustration comes from having problems right from the start, the manufacturer's only solution is to have me send the brand new phone in to "get serviced" and being locked in for another 2 year term with a company that tells me that "we lose money every time you have to return the phone so we can't justify compensation for you, but we did allow you to exchange the first one past the 15 day period, so...". This does not seem right to me on either Telus nor Samsung's part, especially being a long time customer of both.