Optik TV
Forum discussion about TELUS Optik TV Home Services devices, equipment, and solutions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest topics

Samsung Smart TV won't stay connected to Boost WiFi

I recently installed the Boost Wifi and the Telus techs upgraded me to the actionet 3200 at the same time as the 2200 was too slow (their words!) All of my devices work fairly well, but a Samsung smart TV in my daughter's room won't stay connected co...

Eross18 by Neighbour
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scrolling in Optik TV iPhone app's guide skips hours/days

I have the 20180409-6223255-14-s84 version for iOS and when I scroll across in the guide, I find that sometimes it will skip several hours or even days unintentionally. I'll start off at 1:30pm on a Friday and try to scroll to 6pm, and then by the ti...

Proggie by Just Moved In
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Extending Optik TV range

I want to hook up a TV in my garage but currently my OPTIK tv modem is out of range for that, what are my solutions here?

Fibre Optik battery box

I have fibre optik for my internet only, but my phone is still on the copper system. From what I have read, the battery back up is only required if the phone is connected to fibre optik. Is there a way to remove the battery from the box? I have a rea...

Captain9 by Neighbour
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optik Smart Remote app future

I note on the Optik Smart Remote app (4.0.1 Android) that it says this app will be discontinued on 26 June 2018. What will replace the remote capability? I use this all the time, and the other Optik TV app (7.84.1) doesn't have any of this in it. How...

Alister by Connector
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optik TV Smart Remote

I would like to know why Telus has decided to drop the current Optik TV Smart Remote app to adopt their new and most confusing Optik TV GO or whatever its called. With the new app you will no longer be able to:1) use your phone as a Remote,2) change ...

Resolved! Telus 4K digital boxes - Ethemet only

Hi there,I've had some conflicting information come from Telus online chat and just wanting to verify the following configuration for a Telus 4K PVR/digital box setup. I work in IT so my configuration is a probably somewhat unique compared to the mas...

clint0r by Just Moved In
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netflix Static/Cracks/Pops Through Speakers During Play On Optik.

When I use Netflix through my Optik TV set top boxes, the sound that comes through the speakers has a lot of cracking/static/popping noises being made as well. It has been this way since day one, and I have lost my patience with this. Those types of ...

Roteco by Connector
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Does your 4K channel actually adjust your tv?

Hi guys, I have an LG OLED and have had 4K since it came to the market. I have the 4K PVR, I have the 4K speed required (optik) and my TV can produce 4K. When I use my Apple TV, or Xbox one X, when the signal is "4K" the HDR button comes on the TV. I...

TopShelf by Just Moved In
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos