cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail retrieval from the US

TrevW
Just Moved In

When I call in to my Telus number from a US phone I get to the greeting but when I dial * to interrupt it I get disconnected and can't get my voice mails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @TrevW ,

It looks like you are wanting to listen to your voicemails from a different phone outside of the country.

You may find this link helpful: Click Here

Access your voicemail while travelling

If you are using your TELUS mobile device, you should be able to access your voicemail as usual. Voicemail is treated like any other call while roaming, and the following charges will apply:

• Easy Roam: will not use your domestic minutes, but can trigger the $7 or $12 fee if you haven't already been actively using your phone
  • Travel Passes: will deduct from minute allowance and treated as overage once the included minutes are exceeded
  • PPU (Pay per use): subject to the voice rates for the country you are in

If you’re not able to access your voicemail from your TELUS mobile device, or if you are calling from a landline:

1. Dial +1-647-637-7243 (to type +, press and hold zero)
  2. Follow the prompts

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you the opportunity to call from your cell phone?

Although it should work as you indicated, there may be some landline carriers in the US not passing the codes.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I don't have Nth America calling on my Telus phone so I try to avoid using it to call VM. I have Nth American calling included free on my T-Mobile phone that I use when in the US. If anyone calls me I usually call back using that phone but for some reason it won't let me access my VM. I used a landline phone and it worked ok so I'll have to remember to use it when I need to retrieve my voice mails.

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @TrevW ,

It looks like you are wanting to listen to your voicemails from a different phone outside of the country.

You may find this link helpful: Click Here

Access your voicemail while travelling

If you are using your TELUS mobile device, you should be able to access your voicemail as usual. Voicemail is treated like any other call while roaming, and the following charges will apply:

• Easy Roam: will not use your domestic minutes, but can trigger the $7 or $12 fee if you haven't already been actively using your phone
  • Travel Passes: will deduct from minute allowance and treated as overage once the included minutes are exceeded
  • PPU (Pay per use): subject to the voice rates for the country you are in

If you’re not able to access your voicemail from your TELUS mobile device, or if you are calling from a landline:

1. Dial +1-647-637-7243 (to type +, press and hold zero)
  2. Follow the prompts

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].