cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service quality

NOSERVICE
Just Moved In
I pay 400 a month for 3 phones to barely have service I live 2 hours north of edmonton. Many dead spots between Athabasca and Slave Lake. North of Slave lake good luck on service. Why are we upgrading to 5g when you can't even get LTE to operate properly with the amount of customers on it??
I have checked out my phone, I have switched Sim cards. Yet still crappy service. My niece can videochat. I barely can put out a text. Been a customer since 1999. And service still sucks. Maybe time for new provider.
2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your niece is getting better service in the same locations as you, you could compare why, and adjust accordingly. Switching providers may not help, as many towers are co-located.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=55.657447&lng=-113.903503&zoom=8&type=Road...

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

Is your niece on Telus or a different carrier? If she is also on Telus then the issue is your phone.

When you switched SIM cards did you get a new SIM or just tested with someone else's SIM? Try swapping SIM cards with your niece and see if the service quality is associated with the phones or the SIMs.

You say you have 3 phones. Do they all have poor service?