cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#TELUS wifi does not connect

nueonetwo
Friendly Neighbour

When i try to connect to the #TELUS public wifi the sign in page does not load.  It times out after I click the push notification for "Sign into Telus" and says "Webpage not available ... net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

I currently use the Brave browser but I have tried this using chrome, samsung, firefox, etc. as my default browsers and regardless of what I have I still get the too many redirects message every time I try.  I have cleared caches for all browsers and that did not fix the issue.

14 REPLIES 14

nueonetwo
Friendly Neighbour

This is happening on my mobile phone, not a laptop.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's understandably frustrating. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

xray
Hero
I experienced the exact same symptoms just now when I was out for dinner.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @xray I'll send you a quick private message to discuss something quick.

CDEVS
Just Moved In
Have had this same issue and error message since Friday. All devices show connected but no Wi-Fi

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's try a few additional steps to resolve this issue:

Clear Cookies and Site Data: In addition to clearing the cache, try clearing cookies and site data for your browsers. This can sometimes resolve redirect issues.

Disable Browser Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with the sign-in process. Try disabling any extensions, especially ad-blockers, privacy tools, or VPNs, and then attempt to connect again.

Try Incognito Mode: Open a new incognito/private browsing window in your browser and try connecting again. This mode disables extensions and uses a fresh session.

Check Time and Date Settings: Ensure your device's date and time settings are correct. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause connectivity issues.

Forget and Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network: On your device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, forget the TELUS public Wi-Fi network, and then reconnect to it.

Use Another Device: If possible, try connecting to TELUS public Wi-Fi using a different device to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is device-specific.

Reboot Your Device: A simple restart of your device can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please contact our support team for further assistance. 1-855-200-WIFI https://www.telus.com/en/internet/free-wifi-hotspots  

I've done all this and it still persists. I can connect to Shaw Open, BC Ferries, airport networks and plenty of other open available networks but not the #Telus.

If you are still having trouble connecting to a hotspot, call 1-855-200-WIFI

I've already been on the phone with your CRS for 2 hours already previously and none of the 8 people I spoke with had any idea what I was talking about and offered no help, will it be any different after I spend 20 minutes on hold with this batch and get bounced around to 8 other people? 

Did you call this number? This is specifically for TELUS WiFi.

I called the number and eventually got through, they added my Mac address and it still doesn't work. I still get the same error.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kOYppuG

Jisu
Friendly Neighbour

Hi did you fix it? I am exactly in the same situation. 

CDEVS
Just Moved In
I had to call their 1-800 service line, wait on hold to get a human and they ended up putting me on hold to fix it in the back end.

When I asked what that means they said they had to re-do my profile. The original one was corrupted somehow.

I told them from the start it was not a hardware issue... I gave them error codes..
I kept repeating that all reboots did not fix it.

They insisted on me moving cables around, unplugging and re-plugging in and even using a pin to do a hard reset on my Telus Router as well as the 10G Gateway panel that the fiber runs into on my wall.

At the end of the day it was a corrupt profile.

Good luck! I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Christine

Jisu
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for your reply! Where did you get that number?