cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old box is done, but no new box has arrived

geobeck
Friendly Neighbour

I've had PikTV for a couple of years now, using an old box. Last month, Telus informed me that they were sending me a new box. Well, it's June 1, the old box doesn't work anymore, and I have not received the new box they claim to have shipped. 

What's more, the support phone numbers for home services seem to have disappeared. I only see numbers for wireless, security, and "wellness" services.

Hey Telus, are you ghosting me or what?

6 REPLIES 6

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @geobeck 

We recognize that not all customers have received their new TELUS TV Digital Box yet so we have extended the deadline for the old Pik Media Box and it will continue to work for the next few weeks. There are a number of reasons people may not have received their new equipment: some boxes are waiting to be picked up at Canada Post or UPS access points, some packages were returned as undeliverable, we may have an incorrect address on file, your account may be in treatment due to non-payment, you may have been the victim of a porch pirate etc. 

If you didn't receive your new TELUS TV Digital Box and didn't get a tracking number or delivery notification, I'd recommend reaching out to an agent directly either via chat, social media or phone to track down what's happening. You can find detail on contact us at the bottom of the page. This lists phone numbers for Mobility, Internet, TV and more.

geobeck
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for your response.

Would it be possible to pick up the box at a Telus location?

I did not receive a delivery notification from Canada Post, my address is current, and my account is in good standing. It's unlikely the box was taken from my porch because my door is in an enclosed yard at the back of the house.

When I reached out through social media, they told me they couldn't do anything about it. When I finally reached someone by phone, they told me I had the wrong department, and the correct department was closed by the time they transferred me. The only chat option I can find is the automated chatbot, and none of your automated systems recognize "PikTV" as an option; they keep sending me to Optik.

When I talk to a representative, they are always very friendly and professional, but even they have trouble navigating through the unnecessarily complex organizational structure within your support system. I switched to Telus years ago when Shaw's customer service deteriorated, and Telus' service was excellent. But now it seems like Telus is simply the lesser of two evils.

Each person in every support department is great. But the overall organization is disorganized to the point where most of the time I spend actually talking to someone consists of them trying to figure out who can help me... then the next person transferring me somewhere else.

This demonstrates a tremendous amount of waste in the system. It's apparent that whichever VP oversees support needs to take their whole management team through a LEAN process ASAP. The potential for cost savings from increasing efficiency is enormous.

Thanks for listening to my rant, and I hope someone from the management team occasionally monitors these forums.

George

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @geobeck 

Unfortunately, this equipment isn't available at TELUS corporate stores, it must be shipped.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the support you need. The automated chat bot can connect you to a live agent who should be able to help. I'd recommend typing 'agent' into the text field a couple of times to get past the virtual assistant. Even if you get to Optik, an agent will still be able to help. To connect on the phone, try earlier in the day. They should be available prior to 7pm local time.

geobeck
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep trying.

Oddly enough, I've experienced shorter wait times in the evening, when it's almost too late to reach the department I need!

Sbreakin
Friendly Neighbour
Wow. Thank you. This is a very polite reply that expresses many of the aspects I've experienced too.
I've remained patient and politely tried to check with Telus about these piktv digital media boxes and it's very difficult to get to the department or anyone that knows about them. George has summed it up well

Steve

geobeck
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks. I've spent years working in safety and efficiency-related roles, and I hate to see this kind of waste. If Telus could reorgnize their systems so agents could spend 60% less time figuring out what to do and who to call, that's 60% more time they could spend helping other customers. With a company the size of Telus, this probably represents millions of dollars in potential savings.