cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Prime Video randomly

valeriemufford
Friendly Neighbour

I'm not sure what to do about this, but for the last 3 days, Prime Video starts randomly.  We have been watching recorded shows, with no one touching the remote, and Prime Video just starts.  I don't have the app for it, we generally watch it on channel 424 when we want to use it.  Every morning for the last 3 days it is on the opening screen for Prime when I turn the box on.  I put it on 104 every night when I go to bed because I like to watch the news in the morning, but it has been on Prime for the last 3 days.  I have only noticed it while watching recorded stuff or first thing in the morning, but it's just annoying.  Wondering if it's happened to anyone else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi everyone, a quick update that Amazon has deployed a fix for this issue and this is now resolved. The issue originated from a bug within the Prime Video app on handheld devices that causes random start-ups on the boxes. Please ensure you have the latest Prime Video app on the phone or tablet that you're using. If you're still experiencing this issue, please chime in and let us know. Thank you for everyone's patience while we worked with Amazon to address this issue. 

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

How will this solve the problem if I am watching prime thought the tv on channel 424 and not on an App. This is so annoying to have my channel changed all the time.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Cfunn 

I agree that this is an inconvenient experience. According to our work with Amazon, making sure that all of your devices are running the latest Prime Video app should resolve the issue.

Channel 424 is not a traditional 'channel'. It is what we call a launchpoint. When you go to the channel, it opens the Prime Video application on your Optik PVR/Wireless Digital Box. However, all of your various ways of accessing Amazon/Prime Video are interconnected and they communicate with each other; this is why you can pause an episode of Jack Reacher on one device and pick up where you left off another device. 

RP1
Friendly Neighbour
Still doing it for me, it’s been 4 months without resolve at this point

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you make sure that all devices are running the latest app as per @KHR 's advice?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi All, it's been over a month since the Prime Video has been updated, checking in to see if the issue is still reoccurring. 

I have not had this happen recently.
However, the PVR message about "browse recordings" does still come up while watching recordings.... while it is on the screen, you cannot pause, fast forward or do anything. It also will suddenly "skip to live tv" while it is recording a program.

I know a few people experiencing this.

ScottErb
Friendly Neighbour
Ya I had to set my wife up a prime account and use hear logging on option tv. As soon as I try logging in with my information back to it again. But using hers is fine. New issues is that the box is freezing up for approx 3 minutes reboots on its own bol