cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to record daily news program as a series recording

Ann3
Just Moved In

Currently I cannot set up the system to series record the daily news program, I need to manually go and record each program separately. This is something Telus techs said they were working on resolving, can you please provide an update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Ann3 @MrSL we just deployed a fix for news recording. Can you let us know if you're still experiencing issues?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Some programs (news broadcasts for example) have no season or episode details like scripted shows do...so the series recording fails. Our team is aware of this and actively working on a solution soon!

@A-B 

The new box software must be looking for this embeded information whereas the old systems used a title (name of show) to grab and record. Show recordings on the Android system are also restricted to one channel whereas the old systems followed a show to other channels supporting name of show. I know this because when similar names appeared in shows they were also recorded. Already evidence is reported that after a season of a series recording the Android does not pick up the next season.

Could it be that simple, change software to record by name of show. The option I left behind had new or all option as well.

MrSL
Leader

Hi @Ann3 In response to one of my threads: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Sports-Golf-not-always-adding-additonal-hour-to-New-recordings/m...

@KHR  posted the following (part selected):

"As for series recordings -  there are 2 things that are in progress:

• the second is a solution for shows that have no season and episode details (news and multicultural shows are the main culprits here), which should be coming in the earlier part of 2024."

which I hope answers your question 😉

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Ann3 @MrSL we just deployed a fix for news recording. Can you let us know if you're still experiencing issues?

Hi @Optik-Kate , Yay! I just managed to set a 'Series Recording' for Global News @ noon - Edmonton and the schedule shows upcoming recordings so looking good!

I am assuming that recordings will be okay. If not I'll be sure to let you know 😉

Rocky3
Rockstar

News at 11 recorded last night and series record is still scheduled until Jan 29th so this is resolved.