cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any update on Series Recordings recording across different channels TELUS?

MrSL
Leader

Any update on Series Recordings recording across different channels TELUS, if and when we can?

Just missed the end of yet another sports program (The Solheim Cup) which aired across The Golf channel and NBC Sports (series recording was set on the Golf Channel) over the last 3 days. Beyond annoying!!!

It seems the last few months the TELUS response to questions has changed from individuals to the blanket 'TELUS Support' handle. I have yet to see a response that is remotely helpful;  "our dev team is working on improving the experience all the time and we can definitely flag this feedback to them"  does not placate the users, and those that have been around for over 18 months hear that time and time again...

9 REPLIES 9

Rocky3
Rockstar

There is two possibilities.

1) They are working hard to fix it but do not know how to fix it.

2) I said it before, this forum is so people can vent and then go away, to reduce calls to call center.

My pet peeve "My Favorites" as the default guide was fixed in February, lost in July and now 2 months later they cannot fix it again. This makes me think their techs do not know what they are doing.

Hi @Rocky3 , been a while. Yeah, my question was almost rhetorical, lol. I don't expect, for 1 minute to get a reply from Telus.

As you know, I haven't been here for a while. I figured banging my head against the wall hurts 😂 but I do pop in and out if a topic I was flagged in sends me an email cause I forgot to unsubscribe 😆... I think your 2 reasons are incorrect...

Hmm, if I may explain (lol); I think developers are no longer taking a role in this forum. It has clearly devolved to a 'user forum' only, no techie response or expertise here now. Judging by the replies I have viewed from the handle Telus_Support, it is hosted by front line support staff now, and some replies are just plain incorrect!

I have seen a number of new issues appear lately, but absolutely no point in sharing that here anymore. Just biding my time...

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @MrSL a few things to address.

Sharing of feedback to our dev team is still happening. That's not gone away.

This forum was and still is a user-focused medium of getting help and we come in to help with anything complex or account-related. We created the TELUS_Support handle as we started getting large volumes of requests and this ensures that everyone on the team can answer posts in a quicker fashion and so less posts fall between the cracks.

Mistakes are part of being human. If we make one, users will let us know and we will then go from there to fix the situation. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hi @TELUS_Support a few things to address then...

Great someone took the time to reply, but what about my question on recordings???

Little or no feedback anymore (from TELUS) when someone posts a specific question...

I asked 3 weeks ago about extending the 90 day limit, which was promised last year. ZERO response from TELUS.

The same basic questions are being asked now by new users, like above and manually adding recording length etc etc. followed by the blanket response "we can definitely flag this feedback" as if its something new.

The 'Features update' post is, or doesn't appear to be in use anymore. Although it doesn't show anything of the basics such as mentioned above but rather obscure things like 'free add supported streaming channels' who cares, sort the basics out first! I, probably like the majority of users, just want to watch TV, with a picture that doesn't stutter (that's new!), series recordings that work across channels, add recording length, not have to reboot the STB because of P001 player errors (which have re appeared) or because the guide doesn't populate.

My post '6 months with TelusTV-21T-basic system improvements' posted nearly a year ago - all BASIC issues are still unresolved, except the TV guide with is from a 3rd party, lol.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

I hear your feedback and I can assure you that it gets passed along when a user brings up something that they found with the product.

We don't want to make promises here as delays happen and we don't have control over what is being worked on. Our role here on the Neighbourhood is to help when users need help and to deliver feedback to the appropriate teams when necessary.

I understand this answer might not be satisfactory @MrSL but the Neighbourhood's point is to help each other and that's what we are trying to do on every response.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@TELUS_Support 

I believe you that things are passed along. To whom? It appears that once passed along Telus no longer has any involvement, that some third party may or may not fix something. To me it is becomming obvious Telus is not the software management party, it is either sub contracted or back to whoever developed this system.

If anyone worth their paycheque was given an issue a year ago and still has not resolved it, fire them.

My next belief is this format is abandoned and soon we will be offered a different tuner box, complete with a new set of problems.

Microsoft is struggling to keep the OS running so why am I surprised.

And I will repeat my pet peeve "My Favorites" was default until July update, so fixed once, why would it take so long to fix again???

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

@Rocky3 We pass feedback to our dev team.

DaveYYC
Just Moved In

Yes, these ongoing problems are frustrating - the latest for us is to have a Series recording set- for example Global National News, and it doesn't record.

When we check "Scheduled to record" there is often a list of upcoming dates - but they don't start for another week!

There wasn't a problem with how we set it up, because it used to work flawlessly, then all of a sudden.... nada.

Any ideas or suggestions, Telus tech folks ?????

Rocky3
Rockstar

@DaveYYC 

This has already been blamed on Global for not inserting data into broadcast to say it is a recurring series.

Not sure why they only did it for Shaw and Eastlink leaving Telus without.