cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Android 11

Mueller
Neighbour

So when is telus going to release Android 11 and UI 3.0 for the S10 series? Why don't you unlock the bootloader and let me do what I want with my device? 

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Bootloader is locked by the manufacturer. Samsung loves locking down their devices and has for a long time. 

The Android 11 update was only announced in the last few days and there are few articles detailing the release dates. Switzerland appears to have it now. The UK is supposedly getting 11 for the S10 in February.  Samsung is well known for releasing updates in only a limited number of countries at a time. Canada is often far down the list. If the UK release is in February, I wouldn't be surprised if Canada is later than that. We won't know for sure until either Samsung announces it or Telus adds it to the software updates list.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The bootloader on the S10 is locked for NA only. It's not locked in the rest of the world. The HK variant of the snapdragon S10 is also not locked. 

Android 11 rollout started back in September and the s10 has already been pushed through on various networks. Android 11 has already been pushed on S20 models as well. Telus yet again is late to the game with pushing through this software update. They were behind with UI 2.5 and are even farther behind with UI3.0. 

Android 11 isn't out for S10 for Bell or Rogers either. What information are you basing your expectations on?

The bootloader for the S10 is locked to more regions than just N.Am. 😒

But more importantly, the S10 just got official OneUI 3.0 / Android 11 two weeks ago in January, not September that was when the Beta dropped, and even then like pretty much EVERY Samsung Update, Exynos models get the update first which is why the official update is only in Europe and a smattering of other Exynos S10 countries right now. Even S.Korea hasn't got their official update yet, with a statement just a day ago they will get it by month's end. 🤔

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s10-android-11-one-ui-3-0-update-is-now-live/

Snapdragon S10s only have another Beta ( launched after Exynos official update).

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/01/20/samsung-android-11-one-ui-3-0-update-tracker/

That the Note 10 gets it tomorrow (Jan 20) from Telus and others is a first step for that 10 generation.

So even if you could unlock your Snapdragon model, there isn't even an official Android 11 build to load yet, just Betas. 🧐

Based on past Samsung updates, Canadian updates will come shortly after or on the same day as T-Mobile's.

Looks like the S10 series is now on the schedule to be updated in about a week's time on Feb 2nd. 🧐

Also looks like some of those early S10 A11/OUi3 updates weren't so hot.... or more accurately some were Very Hot.. and Blurry. 😉

https://phonemantra.com/samsung-recalls-one-ui-3-0-update-from-android-11-for-galaxy-s10-due-to-abun...