cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to complain about removal of "wifi calling priority" on Android?

dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

My house is a Farraday cage and I need to use wifi calling when I'm inside.  I've got a Pixel 7, and I've enabled wifi calling.

However, if I get too near a window, the phone switches back to mobile calling, which has VERY poor quality.  I want to use Android's "wifi calling priority" preference, but it seems that Telus does not permit it.

Where should I direct a complaint?

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Unfortunately, Telus does not currently support the "Wi-Fi calling priority" feature. However, we can forward your feedback to the appropriate team. You can also submit your idea directly at telus.com/ideas. Sharing your idea with friends and family may help it gain attention more quickly.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

@fearnj, you have posted an idea with a very similar title, but it's specific to the USA, and all the replies have focussed on that.  Could you try to edit your post title to indicate that it's USA specific?  It would also be great if you added a link to my idea about enabling the preference.

Syaoran
All-Star

You can always put your device in Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi Calling to prevent it from switching to cellular while you are home.  Just make sure you remember to turn off Airplane Mode when you are not home.