cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

My home and workplace are farraday cages with terrible cell signal.  My phone (Pixel 7, Android 14) frequently gets a moment of good signal and switches from Wifi calling to Mobile calling.  I do not want this to happen, at least not when I'm in these specific locations.

Android has a preference to select "wifi calling preferred".  Telus has disabled this preference.  Please enable it!

4 Comments
Rocky3
Rockstar

@dsjstc wrote:

Android has a preference to select "wifi calling preferred".  Telus has disabled this preference.  Please enable it!

I use wifi calling and have mobile network preferred mentioned, without wifi calling prefered seen as disabled. Also when calls received with wifi I can see the symbol before answering and there has not been any drop in conversation, so if it is switching while talking I do not notice.

Are you saying you are noticing dropped connections?

dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

No, I'm saying that when I'm in my house, my phone often switches from "call over WiFi" to "call over mobile" in mid call, resulting in terrible quality.  The missing "prefer wifi" preference I'm talking about looks like this:

dsjstc_0-1726497068742.png

Rocky3
Rockstar

Suppose your wifi is not strong in every location, it will switch to mobile as you drop a weak WIFI. But the mobile is also weak. 

I say that as my cell signal strenght does not come and go in bar strenght, but WIFI does have weak spots which would trigger/making mobile stronger. 

Your idea though would eliminate that. I can see their reasonong to do it as they have, to allow WIFI when there is a weak mobile.

dsjstc
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, your situation is quite different -- in my house, *mobile* strength varies wildly, and wifi does not.  That's why I need this preference enabled.  Thanks for your support, @Rocky3 .