cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Does Not Receive SMS Messages for Up To a Week

acrockofschmidt
Just Moved In

This is a new problem with a Samsung phone that's worked fine for over a year. Recently it stopped receiving SMS messages in a prompt manner. RCS messaging works fine with immediate send/receive at all times. But when I attempt to interact with SMS messages, it goes awry. I can send such messages no problem. People receive them as expected, but when they reply to me (or send me a new message) the message does not appear immediately. Typically, several days later, even a week sometimes, these replies will suddenly show up in my feed out of nowhere. This is only happening to my phone. The remainder of my family, all of whom have android phones on Telus network, send and receive without issue. What has gone wrong with mine?

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero

If someone sends a group SMS message to both you and your family members are the symptoms the same?

Temporary swap sims with a family member and see if the problem follows the sim or remains on your phone.

We swapped sims and messages showed up. Both phones worked fine sending and receiving messages. Swapped sim cards back and this far everything is working as it should. Like magic! Time will tell if this remains remedies,.but for the moment it has done the trick. Thanks muchly.

xray
Hero

It's possible that inserting a new SIM reset the network connection which is what was really needed. Hopefully the fix is permanent.