cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring it back program is a joke

Farmer1976
Neighbour
I didn't realize most people have their mobile contract in hand to know when to bring back their phone on time with the bring it back program. I missed the date to bring it back by, and they charged me for the phone. I called Telus and asked if I could bring it back and they said no. I went to the store today and soon realized this was a hill they're willing to die on. I said I'm going to move to Rogers and the worker pointed me in the direction of the store. I've been a customer with telus for more than 20 years. I can't believe they would do this to such a loyal customer. I said to the girl that Telus treats new customers better than loyal customers. She replied with "I know."

Anyone else have trouble with this program?
8 REPLIES 8

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Farmer1976 communications are sent via email and SMS to all customers at the following intervals: 28 days out (from term end date), 15 days out and 15 days after the end of your term. Further, you have an additional 90 days after the term ends to return the device. If, by any chance, the communications were missed, please note that the information is also available within your online portal.

I know it's not what you were hoping for but the "bring it back" option is no longer an option beyond those final 90 days past your term due date. 

They said its 30 days, not 90 days.

Regardless of what it is. Feel free to file a CCTS complaint. It is hard to determine what you can afford and what you can't 2+ years in advance. If no one complains, these practices will continue by the carriers and Canadian's as a whole will continue to get ripped off and shafted.

Can I get this in writing, as there is no mention of this on the web site. 

xray
Hero

@Farmer1976 did you get any of the notifications?

If not then you may have a case for disputing.

If you did get the notifications but didn't act on them then that's another story.

I absolutely did not get any notifications. I would have done something if I did.
But it's okay. Somehow telus thinks it's better to get the $200 than to retain a 20 year customer. They made that clear when the girl who works in the telus store at the mall pointed me in the direction of Rogers.

Sparrow4
Just Moved In
I am in the same boat. No communications just a bill with an extra $500 added to it. I’ve had an absolute runaround with every one I speak to saying they can’t help and talk to someone else. I have never been more disappointed in customer service. This is an absolute money making scam by Telus on the backs of their customers. I will never be a client again if I can’t get this reversed.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.