cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double NAT? How to set up a third party router properly

TonyfromAlberta
Just Moved In

Hi there,

I have a T3200m modem/router I am looking to use a third party router, the problem is when I bridged the Telus router to the new one, i am getting a double NAT on my Xbox. I think the initial set up config was wrong or somehow one of the settings incorrect with T3200m. I have searched the web for everything I could find and the only relevant information is on how to bridge to port 1. If someone could show how to properly set up a third party router with Telus as a ISP that would be greatly appreciated. 

I did notice there are some community members that answer a lot of questions, any help would be great.

@NFtoBC @xray @WestCoasterBC @Nighthawk @Chicnstu 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

My experience for the time I did have double NAT was that I never ran into a single issue with any of the games I played online. I have since gone back to using the T3200M only after my third party router started malfunctioning and became useless.

Even putting the T3200M into bridge mode may not solve the issue. I've never had the need to do that, even with my own router connected.

Xbox troubleshooting: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/double-nat-detected

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

My experience for the time I did have double NAT was that I never ran into a single issue with any of the games I played online. I have since gone back to using the T3200M only after my third party router started malfunctioning and became useless.

Even putting the T3200M into bridge mode may not solve the issue. I've never had the need to do that, even with my own router connected.

Xbox troubleshooting: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/double-nat-detected

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂