cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my OLD Vivint hardware and system back?

CatCC
Just Moved In

How do I get my old Vivint system back? The hardware and software was more advanced:   1st:   Telus' camera does not have an camera eye that you can adjust using the panel, so unlike Vivnt's system, anyone with a house with steps up to a porch, has their camera eye shooting out into the street (the camera is too high), which causes the camera to go off when cars drive by,  *I have had a service person out three times and they have physically lowered the camera as low as it can go.   2nd: In the past I was able to talk to the people on my doorstep through the camera speaker; not anymore, Telus just spins and spins, waste of an option on the camera if it doesn't work.   3rd: The panel and devices do not talk to each other and periodically go off-line. Last night we laid in bed listening to the panel beep as it told us it could not read our Smoke Detector upstairs. Finally at 2:40AM the panel connected with the smoke detector and the beeping stopped. 4th: Why do I NOT have an actual doorbell sound now that Telus took over? Through Vivint I had options for various doorbell sounds. Now I have only ONE option of a horrible buss then it sounds like someone has thrown a Christmas bell at the door. HORRIBLE     It's obvious the Director of Telus doesn't use Telus as they would never stand for this crappy hardware/software Telus has.  The equipment is limited and useless. I don't care how many colours I can get with the camera, I want it to work, not spin, I want a doorbell sound, I want an eye I can adjust so I can see the front of my porch and any parcels sitting there and I want ALL the devices to talk to the panel. I have shut off my camera and only use it for doorbell use because it catches every car or person across the street as opposed to only notifying me when I actually have a person on my doorstep. CHANGE THE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PLEASE. Slap a Telus sticker on the old Vivint equipment.  

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The cameras I have allow me to set an area within the video field to trigger a recording. I need do this through the computer web interface, not a mobile device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Dimo-X

Hi CatCC, were you able to try the steps suggested above? You can also reach out to @TELUSSupport via Twitter or send me a PM so we can look further into that.