Did you mean: 

TELUS TV PLUS BROWSER ACCESS

YAMZ888
Helpful Neighbour

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @YAMZ888 and @Rocky3 , it appears there is a bug on the web application that is causing the out-of-home status on certain channels. A ticket has been created and we're working on addressing this. Thank you for flagging. 

View solution in original post

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic. Then all of these pointless comments saying we're censoring people, etc. etc. aren't needed. For what seems to be the 100th time, let's keep things constructive and on topic. Everyone here is trying to help make the experience as good as it can be. Stuff like that serves no purpose.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe our Optik team is still looking into this as we haven't had any updates yet. Appreciate your patience!

YAMZ888
Helpful Neighbour

FYI, I have yet to receive any response (from Telus) since my last post.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is having this issue.  Until a resolution is found, I am resigned to use my mobile/wireless device to view CHEK channel while connected to my home (TELUS) network. 

@Optik-Kate 

Is there an ETA on when CHEK, a subscribed channel can be viewed LIVE on the laptop.

New Picture (5).png

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nothing yet that we've heard but we'll update when/if we do.

I have my fingers crossed that the upcoming release in July should address this!

Rocky3
Rockstar

channels 119, 121 & 843 are my subscribed channels and all three are marked with only at home viewing, a little house symbol and "available on home Telus Internet" if you click on it.

Coincidently, I just emailed with someone who arrived in China that has email blocked on windows device but not on ipad. IMO there is a definite censorship in progress to prevent access outside a geographic area. Soon we will be like the Russian population who is unaware of a war with Ukraine.

Hey Edmonton, Canucks won last night.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Didn't Kate mention that this was a found bug and that our team was working on addressing it?

Rocky3
Rockstar

Why yes A-B, Kate did mention a new BUG that was not there before. The point is that efforts to curtail viewing with VPN are creating more bugs. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic. Then all of these pointless comments saying we're censoring people, etc. etc. aren't needed. For what seems to be the 100th time, let's keep things constructive and on topic. Everyone here is trying to help make the experience as good as it can be. Stuff like that serves no purpose.

A-B Thank you for verifying

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anytime.

Rocky3
Rockstar

duplicate deleted

Rocky3
Rockstar

6 weeks later. Must be getting embarrassing for those that care taking this long to solve this issue.

One laptop on home wifi and a PC on home ethernet unable to watch A local subscribed channel live.

A bug that was not there before unable to be fixed. Gives one a fuzzy feeling the techs know what they are doing.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @Rocky3 - As Kate mentioned in this thread, an update in July is coming that we are hoping will address this issue.

- Eric

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Hi @TELUS_Support 

You know your answer is a definite maybe, thanks.