cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring / Porting phone number and requesting new phone number

jodyjody11
Just Moved In

I am currently a Telus Mobility customer.  Can I request a new phone number and have my existing number transferred to another service provider (with an account under my name) ?  If so, how can I proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jonathan
Advocate

When you port, the old account is auto-cancelled (this means any cancellation fees/DB remaining is charged to you) and in order to port, the # needs to be active so if you change it beforehand, you will more than likely lose it.

Try this:

1. Add a new line to your account as a SIM-only activation with a desired new phone #.

2. Port out your "old" phone # to the other provider. Keep in mind, again, that this charges cancellation fees (if any). If you don't want that, then I'm afraid you're in a bit of a tough spot. Unless someone else has a better solution?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jonathan
Advocate

When you port, the old account is auto-cancelled (this means any cancellation fees/DB remaining is charged to you) and in order to port, the # needs to be active so if you change it beforehand, you will more than likely lose it.

Try this:

1. Add a new line to your account as a SIM-only activation with a desired new phone #.

2. Port out your "old" phone # to the other provider. Keep in mind, again, that this charges cancellation fees (if any). If you don't want that, then I'm afraid you're in a bit of a tough spot. Unless someone else has a better solution?

pappu
Organizer

@jodyjody11 wrote:

I am currently a Telus Mobility customer.  Can I request a new phone number and have my existing number transferred to another service provider (with an account under my name) ?  If so, how can I proceed?

Did you mean you want to change network but keep the existing mobile number?
If you want to change another network but keep same number means,First you will do Number portability(1.Request PAC code from your current provider.2.Then make a call to your new service provider and tell your PAC code.3.They will provide your new sim card with your old phone number).After getting your new sim card,Make sure your phone is unlocked one.If it's restricted by single network means,try to unlock your mobile before swap your sim.For unlocking visit UnBBLock.com