cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Telus the only telco that puts a strike on your credit rating?

dweinstangel1
Neighbour

How come Telus is the only telco that puts a strike on your credit rating for a late or missed payment? Bell and Rogers don't do that and actually works with the customer instead of running to punish them.

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

TELUS, like other companies, has policies in place that include reporting to credit bureaus for late or missed payments. This helps ensure accounts are managed responsibly. We do aim to work with our customers to resolve payment issues, and we encourage you to contact our payment services team directly to discuss any specific concerns or situations.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I've had accounts for Fido, Rogers, and Bell for over 20 years now. None of them put strikes on customer accounts, for being one or two days late on their payment. It's the reason I'm asking the question. What's happened to Telus to make them think attacking a loyal customer's credit rating is considered alright? Based on my experience, this behavior is exclusive to Telus only and certainly not what other companies do. 

Syaoran
All-Star

The best way to avoid this, would be to not miss payments, always pay in full, and pay your bill at least a few days before the due date.