This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.
I remember the old days when Rogers wanted to charge $100 for just 2mb. It's amazing how affordable data is now.
Things I have done to reduce my monthly costs...
- look at smaller data plan
- look at one of the older Blackberries which offers data compression on the BIS (BB7 offers 6 times compression)
- reducing the number of voice minutes
- have a close look at what features you have on your phone you might not need.
I looked at the competition myself...
- they did not offer the coverage to where I live and work
- they did not have coverage inside transit tunnels, office towers, residential towers, shopping malls or hotels.
- they did not offer coverage in small communities where I vacation
- discount carriers wanted roaming charges when I visited the suburbs
- many unlimited carriers did not offer 3G or LTE data speeds..... they only offered 2G and it would be throttled after a certain amount