cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get this fee waived, as I feel like I was misled?

MicketyMike
Neighbour

I've always been skeptical of signing 2 year contracts with Telus, as I feel like I've been burned in the past with them adding unexpected fees and increasing their prices without any warning even though we've signed a contract. So when they offered me a discounted rate under a 2 year plan I was skeptical, but I was reassured that as long as I don't cancel, if I move they can move the services with me.

However, one thing that was not communicated to me was that the discount that I was getting was specific to the apartment building that I was in, and so when I moved I lost that discount and rather than adjusting my rate Telus just cancelled my plan and started a new 2 year plan.

I assumed that I wouldn't be charged for the adjustment because I wasn't actually cancelling, I just moved and wanted to continue being with Telus, but now I'm being charged for the remainder of the months on my other plan, which I had just started so I still had 22 months left, and now am being charged $330 simply because I moved. 

This feels unreasonable to me, because I never actually cancelled, they just cancelled it for me because they couldn't offer the same rate, and this fee was never discussed either. I'm finding it out after looking at my bills after the fact, which feels really shady.

Would it be possible to get this fee credited? As I am still with Telus and never really cancelled anything? Or should I just say goodbye to this money and add this to my growing list of trust issues with Telus?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @MicketyMike we would like to look into this. Please send us a message so we can help!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.