cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seattle 11 KSTW

EJ44
Organizer
The logo for channel 143 still shows The CW. This channel is now an independent channel. Confusing when looking for a program on the CW.
12 REPLIES 12

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you referring to the logo in the guide or the watermark while watching TV?

On the guide
Sent from my iPhone

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming. And just so that we're on the same page, is the independent channel you're referring to KSTW?

Yes, that is correct

Thanks
Sent from my iPhone

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

The CW is the station name for channel 143 while KTSW is the local (Seattle) affiliate name. I'll take this away to see if it's still accurate. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

The guide still displays CW whereas the screen shows Seattle KSTW.

KSTW is no longer part of CW, I think that is the point being made that even minor corrections are not made to Optik TV

Effective Sept. 1, Paramount Global-owned KSTW disaffiliated from The CW and went fully independent with no network affiliation

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @EJ44, the guide information is shared with TELUS through a vendor, meaning we do not have direct control. A ticket has been submitted to have this updated, thank you for flagging it!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, The channel 143 logo has been updated. Thanks for flagging

This still hasn't been fixed 6 months later.

This still shows up as the CW Seattle on the Optik STB guide, despite it no longer being an affiliate 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I think it may be dependent on which STB you have. @Alister which set top box do you have? 

I have the old Cisco PVR and it shows the CW logo in the guide for 143. The newer box shows the Seattle11 logo instead, as does the Telus TV+ app.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yeah, i have the older PVR too. Unfortunate it isn't fixed, it's a bit misleading!

:edit: and interestingly. When I'm signed into the app, it shows as the CW. But when I'm not signed on, it shows as Seattle11. 

1000015292.jpg

1000015293.jpg

Rocky3
Rockstar

Great, now there are 3 guides. I had previously asked why the guide at home TV and the guide online away from home are not the same guide. Now you found a third guide that non subscribers can see. No wonder IT people have a full time job.