cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Telus TV

Dcnorth
Friendly Neighbour

I’m currently in my trial period. This far, Telus has been a massive downgrade from Shaw regarding TV.

1. no Zoetrope? Where pictures play in the background to let you know where you are. When you fast forward you are just guessing. 

2. Closed Captioning cannot be adjusted. Even when the option exists, it doesn’t do anything. 

3. Closed captioning does not capture everything said. It only shows about half of what is said. 

Is there a timeline for when any of this will be fixed? These are super basic expectations that I am shocked are not baseline. I would like an answer within 5 days so I can decide what to do with my trial period. 

7 REPLIES 7

Dcnorth
Friendly Neighbour

I forgot 4. The search function is terrible. When I say a show I want to watch it can’t even find the show, it just shows me videos on YouTube. 

for example if I say “Formula One Grand Prix” it will not find that show, even though I have the channel. I just seen some videos from YouTube. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The zoetrope is definitely on the roadmap for an upcoming release by our dev team, as is improvement to the search function. We'll forward this feedback off to our dev team as well!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Dcnorth
Friendly Neighbour

Is there a timeline for these update releases? These are pretty significant features and I will be committing to Telus for 2 years for honestly a pretty poor product as it stands right now. 

It is not listed in the Q2 roadmap on this site. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Not that we can provide at the moment. Our team is working on a number of issues as quickly as they can.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

"Not that we can provide at the moment. Our team is working on a number of issues”

REALLY.....!!

Then why hasn't the pinned "improvement" list been updated since Nov 2023??

Why have the pinned posting anymore if your not maintaining ( this is the second time I've asked )

Then please feel free to update the ever patient patrons of this disastrous system as to when something akin to a properly functioning system we might expect.....

I seriously doubt you will ever post a list and timeline as to what we can expect for "improvements".

I think you've all gauged it's time to scale back development and recover more money so that's why nothing is forthcoming.

Just brace yourselves for a wave of cancellations coming once the 2 year contracts expire for all of us that got suckered into this experiment.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our dev team would like your account info to investigate things. Please send us a private message and we'll get that from you, thanks.

Dcnorth
Friendly Neighbour

I sent you a private message but have not received anything yet. Honestly I’m so frustrated with this TV. Freezes, captions don’t work, on top of all the above issues. I don’t even understand how you can release a product that is so horrible. What is the dev team doing? How are there not weekly hotfixes. 

I’m sorry but I’m not doing this for 2 years. Going back to Shaw and cancelling my trial contract.