By accident, or by design, Telus has made it virtually impossible for me to stream my OPTIK TV at my work home
I have a second home in Alberta where I stay for work. I have hooked up Telus internet and security, but not OPTIK TV, because I am supposed to be able to stream it anywhere, including at my work home. But I can't access the login pages while connected to my Telus internet, so I disconnect and use my mobile hotspot, (also Telus) login in, and reconnect to Wi-Fi and then I can stream, until I change sources or the screen saver comes on. Then I have to do the whole thing again.
The last time I forced it like that the entire wireless system crashed for my house and I couldn't log back on to the Wi-Fi at all on any of my devices. Even hard reset with the reset button wouldn't work. I ended up leaving it unplugged for 24 hours and it worked after that.
I've called tech support multiple times and their only suggestion is a new box.
Any thoughts/suggestions, besides switching my ISP to Shaw?
I did have a service call for a tech to come and replace the box, but they went to the wrong house and then Covid hit
I don't watch much TV during the summer months so it hasn't really been much of a concern.
I have tried everything. I've been dealing with this issue since December
Using the Crave APP on my Smart (Roku) TV -
- Every single time I access the app I have to relog in
- I go to crave.ca/roku and login through my service provider (Telus)
- Whether I use the My Telus Account or the older Optik TV account I get the same thing. The page refuses to load using my at home wireless
- I have tried through my laptop computer using Chrome & Edge
- I have tried through Chrome and Safari on multiple iPhones
- I am able to connect virtually instantly and activate the APP through my cellular data
Using my laptop & desktop computers, Chrome, Safari, Edge
- watchoptiktv webpage
- I am not able to login without disconnecting from my home Wi-Fi and using my mobile hotspot on my phone - the login screen refuses to load
- Once I login I am able to reconnect to my home Wi-Fi and watch normally, for a single use, must re-login
On my iPad and iPhones the Telus Optik TV app works without issue on the home Wi-Fi