Did you mean: 

How to get rid of “press the ok button to browse your recordings” message

ASAyyc
Friendly Neighbour

16 REPLIES 16

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you share the steps you took leading up to that message? I just want to see where, exactly, it's placed and UI path to get there. Thanks!

ASAyyc
Friendly Neighbour

It happens when watching a recording. It only happens on the box that ISNT the main box(PVR). It is one of the secondary boxes

Are you saying the message appears on top of the program you are watching while it's playing?

Has this issue been fixed for you?
It’s been happening for me for just over a year.

ASAyyc
Friendly Neighbour

It happens when watching a recording.  It only happens on the box that ISNT the main box(PVR).  It is one of the secondary boxes

ASAyyc
Friendly Neighbour

It happens on all recordings.  On for 15 (or so) seconds, off for 3-4 minutes and repeats

jackrabbit000
Ambassador

Can't help you but I'm watching a recording on my secondary box right now and I never see the message that you get.  You could try pressing Menu > Settings > Rstart digital box and see what happens.

The problem persists. I’m wondering if it may be a network problem because occasionally, when looking for the recording list, it says that box isn’t connected to the network. I’ll wait a couple of seconds and come back and the list is there. Other things are happening now. Including the picture stopping and starting up a few seconds later. I think I need some troubleshooting help. What I’ve done so far:
- reboot the fibre box, the Nokia box, the wifi box. ** I should mention that this box is running wirelessly
- rebooted the cable box
- changed which TV input the Telus box goes to ** this seemed to help for a bit with regards to the picture stopping and then starting a few seconds later.

Any ideas??

TheresaK
Helpful Neighbour
I am getting this message at the bottom of the screen when watching PVRd programs. Very annoying. Also have Prime popping up, interrupting any program we at watching. These both started happening about a month ago.

Has this issue been fixed for you?
It’s been happening for me for just over a year.

Still happening ALL the time

Axel1
Neighbour
Did this get resolved? I’m having the same issue

TheresaK
Helpful Neighbour
Nope. Still pops up all the time we are watching recordings

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Axel1 and @TheresaK apologies for this. I've flagged it to our Optik team to investigate and resolve as quickly as possible!

Same issue here. Of note, it started happening after upgrading to Boost Wifi 6, so I suspect it has something to do with which Boost unit it is connecting to

You may be on to something. Have you had the chance to speak with our Tech Support team about this so they could investigate?