cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tv boxes do not allow browsing thru recordings

Alta-aj
Friendly Neighbour
For example, I like to browse thru hockey games and watch the goals scored. I watch the scoreboard and once it changes I review the goal. With new system I cannot do this!!! Arrrgh! Are we moving forward or backwards with this new system??

Also, I do not like the way the recordings are presented. In old system channel 1 used to categorize recordings by program name. Don't think that exists anymore!!
10 REPLIES 10

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should have the ability to fast forward through recorded games, unless you're currently subscribed to our lower tier package without the recording capability?

Alta-aj
Friendly Neighbour
In the old system the picture used to responsively update either through the slow speed of or thefast speed ff. On the new system the picture does not move until the ff button is released - thus, just jumping forward!! Useless!

Sent from my Galaxy

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh gotcha. In terms of that feature being implemented, it definitely is on the radar for our development team who is working to get it working as soon as possible! Appreciate your patience!

MrSL
Leader

Hi @Alta-aj The ability to 'fast forward or rewind' with thumbnail images is called "zoetropes". This was flagged for inclusion in a future release by the development team last June, so hopefully coming soon...

Hope this helps! 😉

Alta-aj
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you.

How about getting the functionality of channel 1 for recordings back?

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------

Hi @Alta-aj . I'm just a user myself, so your functionality re Ch1 is not something I can help you with.

Maybe flag A-B for assistance. 😉

Rocky3
Rockstar

Can cloud PVR recordings be downloaded? That would solve this problem by playing the recording on a device that can do slow mo and "zoetropes". 

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Are you referring to download to go where you can download a piece of content to watch offline? That's also on the roadmap, but that's separate from zoetrope and slow-mo fast-forward.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Alta-aj zoetrope is on our roadmap and will be coming in the future. 

For recordings, you can press and hold the REC (red dot) button on your remote, and you will be taken to the recordings manager where each recording is categorized by program name. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Optik-Kate 

Yes for offline use on a video player since the online player is not available in the boondocks, unless you have Starlink.