cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio sync issue on Apple TV

ajho
Neighbour

I've noticed that recordings from Global TV have audio sync problems on the Apple TV app (specifically when watching Elspeth), but recordings from other channels don't. Any idea what's wrong? I read a post from last year that talked about American shows/channels having this problem, but we can see other American shows (Grey's Anatomy, Station 19, Rookie) without such problems.

12 REPLIES 12

El-Eric

Hey @ajho I've personally not encountered issues with my recordings but can you delete the app and download it again and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Thanks. I did that once a couple of weeks ago and the problem is still occurring, but I'll try again.

Yeah let me know if that works. If not I'll see what else we can do

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @ajho , this has been an ongoing issue that's in the works. For now, when the lip sync becomes noticeably off, changing the channel or exiting the player and replaying the channel will resync the audio. I understand it is not ideal, the least amount of disruption would be to quickly flip to the next or previous channel and tune back. 

CableGuy123
Neighbour

Want to say that I have been experiencing the same issue as well with audio sync gradually not aligning with picture. Currently I am changing the channel and going back to temporarily fix it.

The issue is currently being addressed, and we'll keep you all informed as soon as we receive any updates.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Could you tell us which channel you experienced the issue on, as well as the audio source? (Stereo, Bluetooth, airplay, other)

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

How does this address watching it on demand and audio sync just gets worse every minute

CableGuy123
Neighbour

It’s happened for me on every channel using the live tv guide on the TELUS app. Last night it was ABC that my family was watching where the audio sync was off by almost 2s. The audio is playing via e/arc HDMI 2.1 connection to an LG soundbar (S80QR). 

Thanks, I'll pass this along to our dev team. 

It even more split on my iPhone app, I tried to watch a program on global tv - a replay of live and the audio was delayed by almost 8seconds. I couldn’t change the channel because I would have to restart watching the program from the beginning because forward and back is disabled on live replay.

Our team is aware of this issue as previously stated and working on a resolution!