cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there VPN restrictions on Forum Posts now?

MrSL
Leader

So added a new post in the Optik Forum with 3 screen shots (pics). https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Series-Recordings-TelusTV-21T-changing-from-New-amp-Repeat-to/td...

The 3 pics don't always appear visible... Tried 4 different browsers both with and without VPN connected and mostly I am unable to see the pics. But when I login using a VPN I can see them...

What's going on. Has TELUS made changes regarding Community Forum posts & VPN's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe that a moderator has to approve the images.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MrSL
Leader

Can you see this, my screen shot shows the 3 attached pics? I can only see it myself when I login to my account using a VPN...

tel.jpg

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe that a moderator has to approve the images.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Mods have to approve submitted images. The user the made the post can usually see what they submitted but no one else will until mods approve it. Since a human has to approve it, the process isn't instantaneous. It's been that way for several years now. I believe it's an anti-spam filter.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MrSL
Leader

Thanks @FuzzyLogic @Nighthawk  that would certainly make sense. Never noticed any delay in the past 10 months of posting...

pcpluscomputing
Neighbour

That make sense because my pictures are not updated either

Rocky3
Rockstar

Are mods and community managers one and the same?

Nothing to do with this thread...

Must be more suitable place for this. 😉

what doesn't, Nighthawk brought up mods, first time heard this on forum.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As far as I know, yes.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MrSL
Leader

@A-B  @dru  So definite changes here on the forum this weekend (2-3 Mar 2024). Still not able to see graphics I posted 2 days ago (unless I login)!

I understand (from responses from other members) this is probably due to moderator approval being required? Never seen these delays in the last 10 month of posting...

Tried to help 2 users this weekend but very difficult without graphics....

If Telus has this enforced filtering (spam) policy, then little point in forum members trying to help other users when often a simple screen shot etc replaces a 1000 words but nobody to approve the graphics for days???

As usual, it's the users asking for help, are those that are going to suffer most!

There is nothing in https://forum.telus.com/t5/Neighbourhood/TELUS-Community-and-Social-Media-House-Rules/ta-p/116293 that is so often "quoted" - clarification would be helpful...

If this is a '9-5 Mon-Fri' Forum then little point logging in outside these hours. Users asking for help and members trying to help should be in no doubt of these restriction's that apply to avoid even Further frustration...

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

What has been stated above is true. All images need to be approved as a spam filter. I am closing this thread off.