cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for Optik TV remote???

azn_girl
Neighbour

I recently signed up for Optik TV.  Just received the installation kit in the mail a couple days ago, went to install it and there was no remote control included in the Wireless Digital Box Kit, even though it shows on the installation guide it should be one of the things included.  Called Telus, the agent said there’s not suppose to be one in my kit… Well, how am I suppose to use the digital box without a remote control??? He said oh he can’t give me one because his system can only process one as a replacement so transfers me over to customer care.  This agent said no problem, gets me one ordered.  Later that evening, I receive the service agreement for the order and it shows a charge of $30 for the remote control… the agent never told me I would have to pay for it and it’s not even something I should have to pay for when it should’ve be included in the kit the in the first place! 

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message so we can get this resolved for you, thanks.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Interesting what some of the answers are from the Telus reps.

Yes you get a remote included with the TelusTV-21T and yes $30 for an extra one. Except I have not heard extra ones are available yet. Probably why when I bought a second at the Telus store they just took one out from a complete box and said thye will order a replacement when they become available. Ooops, you got that box missing the remote, sorry.

Hope you kept the boxes it came in. If you do not get a remote within a week, ship back what you did receive and ask for a replacement complete.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Have you tried the Google TV app I just discovered.

My Android phone becomes a TV remote that works the basic remote functions of TelusTv-21T

This may get you by until that remote arrives.

Thx, they ended up sending me a remote that wasn't compatible with the wireless tv box, good thing I was able to exchange it at one of their stores but then the wireless box ended up being faulty so now I have to wait for a replacement for that 😖

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey I replied to your PM just now. Thanks!!