Text messaging log

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
How far back can someone see text messages on your Telus account?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

Hey @a1qmln 

Both @NFtoBC and @wally_west are correct. Through their self-serve portal, you can view the last 90 days of time/date/phone # for your text messages, but you cannot view the content. A while back, telus changed their messaging platform, preventing the storage of the message content on their servers once the message is delivered. 

Hope that helps. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not sure what you mean?

Texts should remain on your phone until you delete them

The billing information (number of texts but no content) is available for 90 days

I'm unsure how far back you can obtain invoices. Mine are retained 7 years as they come to me via e-post.

As far as I am aware, there is no place other than your phone where the content of text messages is retained and accessible to you.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

Hi there, if you're asking in regards to your past text messages, I think you can't see copies of them. Unless I'm wrong, I was never able to view my past text conversations. My guess is, for security reasons first, that no copies are kept once the systems confirms that it was sent/received. Second, it would required so much data storage space considering the amount of sms sent in 1 day. 

Please, if I'm wrong, give more information in regards to your inquiry and my friends here will be able to help you as well!

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

Hey @a1qmln 

Both @NFtoBC and @wally_west are correct. Through their self-serve portal, you can view the last 90 days of time/date/phone # for your text messages, but you cannot view the content. A while back, telus changed their messaging platform, preventing the storage of the message content on their servers once the message is delivered. 

Hope that helps. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post