cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Pre-Authorized Payment

TheLamma
Neighbour
It seems that billing support is closed right now, so I thought I would check here in the meantime.

I’ve had pre-authorized payments setup for about a year and a half now with no issues at all. I was just looking at my May bill, and it appears that my April bill was never paid, so now I have late fees (and presumably a credit ding). However, I never received any sort of notice. Has anyone run into this before?

I’m also curious about the following, if anyone happens to know:

- If it is due to a Telus error, how likely is it that I can get the credit report reversed?
- Am I expected to view payment every single time? Pre-authorized payments are on the due date, so it is kinda too late to fix things if this happens
- Does Telus normally send notice when there is a failure?

I don’t care too much about the fee itself ($2.50 or something like that), it is more about the hassle, future concern, and credit. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Generally there is no negative credit report until 90 days, but I suggest calling in to get your pre authorized payments reinstated, and ask. You can also get your credit report, often through your bank.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Any billing or account issues, will need to be dealt with contacting Telus. Hope you get it all sorted out. 

Thanks, I’ll definitely be contacting them when I can. I was mainly curious to see if anyone has had something similar happen or have experience with this sort of thing. Cheers!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Generally there is no negative credit report until 90 days, but I suggest calling in to get your pre authorized payments reinstated, and ask. You can also get your credit report, often through your bank.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you, this really put my mind at ease. I called in and everything was much simpler than I expected - it seems that they have upgraded their systems (for the better) since I last called, even for EPP. Cheers!

xray
Hero

Do you see any pending transactions on that credit card? I check all my CC transactions every few days to look for anything unusual. It only takes a minute on my phone. It's saved me a lot of problems over the years. Vendors double charging, fraudulent usage, etc.

I also set up notifications whenever there is a charge over a certain value so I'm used to seeing an email whenever my Telus bill is paid.

I didn’t check for that last month, but now that you mention it I don’t recall seeing anything pending last month (I check my credit card app regularly). I have it all sorted now, though!