cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

nosmada
Just Moved In

When I check webmail.telus.net, the inbox is always empty.  It appears that as soon as mail arrives in my computer, it disappears from the server.  This wasn't always the case. Is the setting for this on my computer or on the Telus webpage.?  Previously, I could check my mail on my IPod and later on my computer and the mail was available on both devices. I'm looking for a fix please.

Dan Adamson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like your computer email program is set to POP, with the 'delete from server when downloaded' option checked.

If you are using multiple devices, it is better to set your email on the server as IMAP, so your email status is synced to all your devices, and is deleted only when you so instruct through your email program. In this manner all your read emails show as read on every device, and deleting on one device delets on all.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like your computer email program is set to POP, with the 'delete from server when downloaded' option checked.

If you are using multiple devices, it is better to set your email on the server as IMAP, so your email status is synced to all your devices, and is deleted only when you so instruct through your email program. In this manner all your read emails show as read on every device, and deleting on one device delets on all.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

MTL_Dave
Ambassador

Hey,

You mostly have it set to POP, you'll want to go into the settings and check off leave a copy on the server for 7 days.

Hope this helps you!

H_D