cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for TelusTV Cancellation - Only have 2 of 3 authentication methods

AshBat
Neighbour

My 93-year-old friend wants to cancel his account and has tried to do so for the last 3 months. He has not been able to verify his account thus far to finalize the cancellation process, as he only knows of 2 authentication methods (of the 3 required).

He has his billing address and phone number; unfortunately, he doesn't remember being asked for a PIN, and his regularly used PIN is invalid. He has no internet/email whatsoever. I have been told by Telus agents that there are no ways of helping him cancel his account -- there are no in-person offices he can go to, and any other department that could help him will still require all 3 authentication methods (i.e. there is no way of overriding the system to proceed with cancellation).

He returned the TelusTV equipment 2.5 months ago. He has spoken with 3 separate agents about this issue and has made no progress with cancellation. He is still receiving bills for a service he no longer has access to or wants.

There HAS to be some other in-person or phone department he can go to for cancellation, or other authentication methods he can use (i.e. cheque/chequing number, billing info, account confirmation number, etc.). This can't be the first time this has happened, right? I was previously authorized to manage his account and am willing to attach my online-info (email, etc.) to help him complete the process.

ANY advice would be helpful. What are our options for cancellation?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @AshBat - What we can do is reach out to our escalations team to call your friend, however, we need some of their information like their phone number. We will not do so in a public setting for obvious reasons so expect a message from us.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.