cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus business practices regarding sining up a customer

telus0527
Just Moved In

Telus sent a salesman to my door to lure me away from Shaw as I had not responded to Telus phone attemps. We discussed the matter at length seated at my table - all seemed right in spite of high pressure tactics. After installation I found important information had not been given to me.

From Telus service agreement, these words  ...... "Clients porting existing local line from a competitor to Telus - Telus will only cancel the local line service from your previous service provider .............. " 

This is extremely important and I am now being billed by 2 providers for Jan. It was never addressed by your salesman. Why?

Elsewhere I find these words. "Equipment rental rates may apply at the end of a rental term." If that had been brought to my attention at the proper time I would not have signed the contract. Why was I not so informed?

And, I now have fewer channels than I had with Shaw but I was led to believe I would have more.

My final question - you have one unhappy customer here - what will you do about it?

Leo Cosma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MTL_Dave
Ambassador

Hey,

Usually for Telus to cancel the services with Shaw you need to speak with a customer care representative at 3102255 and I know in the past they were giving $100 credit on the first bill as a way to help out on the costs of having two bills that month.  I'm not sure if they're offering it, but it's worth calling and asking.  

The equipement rental rates is basically a cancellation penalty if you decide to cancel before your term is up (before the two or three year service agreement) to recoup the costs of giving the discounts at installation.

Lastly, for programming, check out http://www.telus.com/tv/ and you can see all the packages that Telus offers and then you can call customer care and create a package that works for you with all the channels that you want.

Hope this helps you!

H_D

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MTL_Dave
Ambassador

Hey,

Usually for Telus to cancel the services with Shaw you need to speak with a customer care representative at 3102255 and I know in the past they were giving $100 credit on the first bill as a way to help out on the costs of having two bills that month.  I'm not sure if they're offering it, but it's worth calling and asking.  

The equipement rental rates is basically a cancellation penalty if you decide to cancel before your term is up (before the two or three year service agreement) to recoup the costs of giving the discounts at installation.

Lastly, for programming, check out http://www.telus.com/tv/ and you can see all the packages that Telus offers and then you can call customer care and create a package that works for you with all the channels that you want.

Hope this helps you!

H_D