Can't access my billing information...long time customer.

Highlighted
Ambassador

When I login to view my bill I get this message:

"Your first bill isn't ready yet. We'll let you know by email and/or text when it's available"

Normally my bill would be due about now and I would have received an e-mail notification. I cannot find any billing information aside from clicking Pay My Bill and then it displays a balance and due date of April 6, 2020?

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Is Telus deferring payment during the COVID outbreak?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, Telus is not deferring payment during COVID-19. If you have not received a total by your usual due date, I suggest paying the usual amount of your Home Services bill, so no late charges are incurred.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

Also can login to the online Telus account to check the bill there or use chat support on the Telus site to get the billing information

Highlighted
Ambassador

Online chat currently doesn't work for anything but basic support and my billing information is not available when I login to my account. I talked to Telus and apparently it's specific to my account. They are investigating. They were able to tell me my balance owing.

Highlighted
Coach

It seems to be specific to my account as well:  "We are currently unable to retrieve your billing information. Please try again later."

This is why paper bills are a good thing.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them via twitter @TelusSupport

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Coach

Thank you, but I don't have twitter capability. I will just keep trying, and give them a call when there's time to spare.

Highlighted
Rockstar

@Janann  I have found that if you try access to your account several days after the billing end date they are working on the account billing. Wait About 3 days and try again Works for me Polecat

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can post here, you have the capability to create and use a Twitter account to contact Telus. It is a simple, low risk means of communication.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Ambassador

Some people (myself included) don't care for social media. I don't tweet or facebook. I have found the Telus chat function works reasonably well and phone support is generally pretty good when it comes to billing.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately, Chat is not available for all services, nor to all customers. Social media, and phone are available to all, though phone support likely has long lineups just now.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Coach

Thanks for the tip, Polecat. If this continues, I'll just aim for the end of the month.

Highlighted
Coach

Thanks for the news that I would be able to use Twitter, though I'm another one who's opted out of social media. I'm sure the phone lineups are extra-long, as anyone wanting to make payment arrangements due to Covid-19 has to do it by phone. I find it disappointing that they're not even waiving late charges during the pandemic. Nor are they freezing rate increases. 

I did get the info by chat, but having a hard copy would've saved time.