cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my billing information...long time customer.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

When I login to view my bill I get this message:

"Your first bill isn't ready yet. We'll let you know by email and/or text when it's available"

Normally my bill would be due about now and I would have received an e-mail notification. I cannot find any billing information aside from clicking Pay My Bill and then it displays a balance and due date of April 6, 2020?

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Is Telus deferring payment during the COVID outbreak?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.
16 REPLIES 16

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, Telus is not deferring payment during COVID-19. If you have not received a total by your usual due date, I suggest paying the usual amount of your Home Services bill, so no late charges are incurred.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

NMMJ
Just Moved In

Also can login to the online Telus account to check the bill there or use chat support on the Telus site to get the billing information

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Online chat currently doesn't work for anything but basic support and my billing information is not available when I login to my account. I talked to Telus and apparently it's specific to my account. They are investigating. They were able to tell me my balance owing.

It seems to be specific to my account as well:  "We are currently unable to retrieve your billing information. Please try again later."

This is why paper bills are a good thing.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them via twitter @TelusSupport

Thank you, but I don't have twitter capability. I will just keep trying, and give them a call when there's time to spare.

@Janann  I have found that if you try access to your account several days after the billing end date they are working on the account billing. Wait About 3 days and try again Works for me Polecat

Thanks for the tip, Polecat. If this continues, I'll just aim for the end of the month.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can post here, you have the capability to create and use a Twitter account to contact Telus. It is a simple, low risk means of communication.

NFtoBC

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Some people (myself included) don't care for social media. I don't tweet or facebook. I have found the Telus chat function works reasonably well and phone support is generally pretty good when it comes to billing.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately, Chat is not available for all services, nor to all customers. Social media, and phone are available to all, though phone support likely has long lineups just now.

NFtoBC

Thanks for the news that I would be able to use Twitter, though I'm another one who's opted out of social media. I'm sure the phone lineups are extra-long, as anyone wanting to make payment arrangements due to Covid-19 has to do it by phone. I find it disappointing that they're not even waiving late charges during the pandemic. Nor are they freezing rate increases. 

I did get the info by chat, but having a hard copy would've saved time. 

Scottykb
Just Moved In
Yes
Also the same
Haven't received June bill and also unable to access Rewards after Emailing many times etc for new password
Will have to phone sometime this week

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Scottykb ,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with logging in, and creating a new password.

To reset your password, Click Here, enter your email, and click the green "Send my password reset email". Check your email, and there will be a new one from TELUS labeled "My TELUS - Reset your My TELUS password". Open it, click on the green button to create a new password. This should resolve the issue. These are the exact same steps and agent will do for you. If your account is locked, then yes, you would want to speak to a TELUS customer service agent so they can unlock your account. 

To view your account balance without access to your online account, and without waiting on hold, try the automated system.

1. Using your TELUS phone, call the number *123
  2. When prompted, press 2.
  3. When promoted, enter your PIN.
  4. Your will not hear your account balance.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Hi Brandon
Still no email for password reset
I will have to call this week
Scott

Sent from Outlook Mobile

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Scottykb

Contacting Telus customer service would be the simplest solution.

If your interested in trying some other solutions continue reading.

Usually when a customer does not receive an email, it's because the email address is not registered to an account. I would suggest trying your other email accounts which you may have used and see if any of them receive the reset password.

Other times you may not be able to reset the password because the account profile was never completed. You should be able to find a different email in your inbox titled "My TELUS - Complete your My TELUS account registration". Follow the prompts to complete your profile.

If this is not the case contacting customer service will be able to resolve the issue for you in no time.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].