cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Can't send message with Telus error 2" message

SoD
Friendly Neighbour
Hi,
Wondering if others have this problem. I often get this message "Can't send message with Telus, error 2" when trying to send text. It happens with different people I'm trying to text. I have an android. It happens regardless if the receiver has an android or iPhone.

I also sometimes don't get phone calls. It will ring for the caller and they'll leave a message. I then get notify of the message but I never got the call and it's not even showing that I missed a call. Might be connected with the text problem.

Changed phone, changed SIM card but both of these problem persist.

Not sure what else to check.
13 REPLIES 13

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah that's definitely odd. You've already tried the recommended troubleshooting steps like restarting your device or reseating the SIM. Reach out to our Mobility team at 1-866-558-2273 or visit the nearest TELUS store so our team can take a look!

SoD
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you
I can go again to the store. They were the ones that recommended switching the SIM card.
I'll see if there's anything else they can suggest.

Judy09
Just Moved In
This is ridiculous I always get the same error as well! When you pay huge money on mobility services each month this problem should be getting fixed, especially when you have alot of people experiencing the same error. IT should be fixing the problem. Getting new SIM card again probably a fee on us again to see if that will fix the problem. Can't wait for contract to be done with Telus. They have been nothing but an inconvenience and problem

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly a formatting issue in the number you are using to text them? I had a friend with an iPhone with issues texting people overseas. They needed to change the way the number was formatted and that resolved the problem.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

SoD
Friendly Neighbour
How would I go about doing that?
One is my husband but different carrier. The other is my mom with different carrier and iPhone.
I had the same number since probably 2006 and it started to happen when I moved in my home in 2019. But worth a shot.

@SoD wrote:
I had the same number since probably 2006 and it started to happen when I moved in my home in 2019

Have you noticed if it only happens when you are home? Might be a network/signal issue with the nearest tower.

SoD
Friendly Neighbour
Now that you mention it, it mostly happen when I'm on my main floor. I have zero reception in my basement. I seem to have no problem upstairs in my room.
However, my husband and other people seem to have no problem at all. They are either with Videotron or Bell but I thought we all used the dame tower. Maybe I'm wrong.

xray
Hero

@SoD wrote:
I often get this message "Can't send message with Telus, error 2" when trying to send text. It happens with different people I'm trying to text. I have an android. It happens regardless if the receiver has an android or iPhone.

Is the issue consistent with the same recipients or is it random recipients and intermittent?

@SoD wrote:
I also sometimes don't get phone calls. It will ring for the caller and they'll leave a message. I then get notify of the message but I never got the call and it's not even showing that I missed a call. Might be connected with the text problem.

The calls that don't ring on your end may be the issue described here:
https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Home-Account/Telus-Support-Callback/m-p/139509

SoD
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for the post. The call issue is random. And I know for a fact that my husband number isn't blocked. He often calls me with no problem. Other people have been able to reach me on their second or third attempt.

For my text, it happens with different people too.

DownByTheRiver
Just Moved In
I've been having this happen too! Sometimes my messages say they couldn't go through, but then the people respond back to that message. And it's not consistent - from person to person, Android or iPhone, one carrier or another - at all. I spoke with Telus support and after some checks/questions, they said everything was showing as fine on their end.

Kgingeri
Just Moved In

Give it a minute or two,  then tap the unsent message and resend (you should see that option when you tap it).  It'll go eventuality.  First time I've got it, and I've been with Telus for many years!?

I've had very good experiences with Telus, myself.  They may not be the cheapest out there, but the best of the big three!

Olivdowhun
Neighbour

I also faced this issue. The following solution helped me: go to the phone settings, select network, and reset network settings. After that, you need to restart the phone.

Yes @Olivdowhun , I've done that too to clear up issues.  I didn't have to for this issue yet, but I've only seen it once.  I've seen messages not sending, but usually it's a signal issue.  This was at home, so a place I won't normally expect any signal issue.