cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service Reception

ChrisDF
Neighbour
How can I send information to Telus about poor reception and services? I have visited a store and tried SIM card swap. And I reset network settings on my phone per the agent recommendation but that didn’t solve the problem. We live in the GTA and I’m lucky to get 1-2 bars of service in my home and neighborhood consistently. Please help. I can’t find anything online to solve the issue.
6 REPLIES 6

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you know others (also on TELUS) who are similarly affected? This will help determine if it's a network issue or isolated to the device. 

It’s the same issue for two different devices in our home.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd recommend connecting with technical support for two reasons:

- the team can identify a potential issue with the site or
- aggregate it with like-issues from others to prioritize a fix

Technical support: 1-866-558-2273 

In the mean-time, if it's affecting calls within your home, you can set up wifi calling to bridge the gap. 

I guess I will try tech support.

WiFi calling helps but it’s faulty. When we leave the home it becomes choppy and eventually the call disconnects. We also had a power outage recently which eliminates the WiFi backup. Same can be said when we come from outside back home. The call doesn’t seamlessly switch from one network to our own and it causes problems.

We had no issues with our previous provider. Are we just in a dead zone with Telus at home? I hope this can get fixed.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I live in downtown Edmonton and have a similar situation. Depending where I am in my condo (lot's of concrete) I have to rely on wi-fi calling. Currently seeing 2 bars on my phone. Based on this site the nearest Telus cell tower is about 4 blocks away (with many highrises between me and the tower):

Canadian Cellular Towers Map (ertyu.org)

There is an option to report issues on the Telus coverage map here:

5G and 4G LTE, HSPA+ & LPWA network coverage map | TELUS

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks. I'll try the reporting site. Not sure if that will improve anything but worth a shot.