cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdue Closed Account-Credit Agency

Will_Smith
Just Moved In
Hi all,

I recently received a call from a credit collections agency regarding an outstanding balance of over $4000 that is supposedly owed to Telus. However, when I requested proof of this claim, they only provided me with a closed account bill for $1247.83 dated October 7th, 2018. Upon reviewing the invoice, I noticed some discrepancies in the information, such as the address.

As I am disputing this claim, the collections agency advised me to reach out to Telus directly. Therefore, I am writing to inquire if there is a specific department I should contact to discuss this matter further. I believe it is important to address this discrepancy and resolve the issue promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your guidance on how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to actually contact Telus directly. Phone is the best and fastest option for this kind of issue, especially for an account that's been closed for over 5 years. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂