cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Discrepancies and Service Concerns

CC222
Neighbour

Dear Telus Customer Support,

I am writing to express my concern and frustration regarding recent interactions with a Telus salesperson named Nia, who visited our home to promote a home security package. We were offered a package deal, and after all the discounts, we were assured that the monthly cost would be $39 before tax due to a regional promotion. However, upon reviewing my account on the website, I see a charge of $52 per month after all discounts.

Before proceeding with the signing and ID verification, the salesperson confirmed on her iPad that the home security charge would be $39. However, the contract sent to my email afterward lists the monthly charge as $49 instead of $39.

Additionally, I switched my phone plan on the same day as the home security purchase. Nia promised a $40 flat rate for 5G service with 150GB of data, but when I checked my bill, it showed $75 instead of $40. When I called customer service, I was informed that the credit had already been applied, and no further reduction was possible. This led me to switch my plan to Koodo after just 15 days with Telus, as it took 9-10 days for the bill to appear on the My Telus app.

I have attempted to contact Nia regarding these billing issues, but she has not responded to my texts after assisting with the SIM card switch. She also inquired if the technician had reached out for the home security installation, but I have yet to receive any follow-up. Her phone number is [mod edit: removed phone number] in case you need confirmation and further investigation. 

This situation is highly frustrating as none of the bills align with what was initially promised. I am concerned that we may have been misled or scammed into agreeing to a deal that does not reflect the actual charges. While I would typically overlook minor discrepancies, the significant difference in both the phone bill and the home security bill is unacceptable.

I feel betrayed by this experience, and my trust in Telus has been severely impacted. I request that you investigate these discrepancies and consider refunding my 15-day phone bill charge. Additionally, I would like clarity on the home security bill; if it remains at $52, we will have to return the service.

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @CC222 we can certainly help but need more information. Please send us a message and we will be happy to help

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

What other information do you need?