cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store policy

AndySil
Just Moved In
Visited a recent store location before entering the store I was asked for ID. My concern is that there was a google nest at the front door possibly recording my ID etc. Without fully agreeing to it because I had no choice. I believe there is a better approach in handling works safety in communities we as customers need to feel welcomed so we can spend money at Telus stores . I felt like a criminal before even entering the store care two two boys and than pulling ID in the cold doesn’t feel right and a lack of customer service in my opinion! How can we address this concerns.
2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We take our customers' information and privacy extremely seriously. The cameras at the front are for the security and protection of our store and staff, not to randomly record people's identification. In no way is the asking for identification and protection of our store and staff an attempt to make anyone feel like a criminal, though of course people can always look at one thing and assume something entirely different.

By all means you can address your concerns with the store manager, as the intent is solely for the aforementioned security and not to make anyone feel negatively about their experience.

AndySil
Just Moved In
I have mentioned this concern to the employees and even spoke to local police. ID should never be accessed in the form they are asking policy or not there should be a different approach. The LCBO who is far much more dangerous environment have tried but failed to issues such a policy is a form of discrimination and all other forms which from my understanding and reading your core values something you as Telus identity don’t follow I think. I hope I am correct and this needs to be changed at our local Telus store.