cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live and currently in winnipeg but cellular data shows i am in ontario

Amdusias53
Helpful Neighbour
My signal shows i an in ontario but i am in Winnipeg. This causes me problems and i need it to be fixed. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amdusias53
Helpful Neighbour
Contacted support. They say they only can connect through ontario or BC but cannot change it to BC because they can’t control their system. Than they tried to get me to pay for their security suite so i can use their VPN. What a joke. Sad

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also contact the gambling and crypto scam app providers to ask about the problems you are experiencing with their apps and them failing to correctly locate you. If you have location services and GPS enabled, they shouldn't have any issue finding you. You could also find a different gambling service as well. The better coded ones should work better.

As for Ontario vs Calgary vs Vancouver IPs, each province has different rules and regulations for online gambling. You may have exactly the same issue if you were to get a different IP. You're likely getting an Ontario based IP because Manitoba is next to Ontario.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yeah i guess it is either that or keep paying for the VPN. Regulations in Ontario are ridiculous. They don’t have that craziness across Canada. I did contact the applications but they said they cannot do anything about it. The big issue is that the apps don’t ask the iphone for permission correctly and doesn’t put it in the section to allow precise location only general location. I still think that they need to find a way to make sure this is not a problem. They have the money and should be able to do something.