cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPad Pro

Jeffhoule
Just Moved In

Any body here had experience with Ipad Pro orders? When I ordered I was told that shipping would take 1 week. When I go online with a purchase order number it says 3-4 weeks. Any body got it faster than that? 

30 REPLIES 30

homeslixe
Just Moved In

Same Boat. They called to tell me it's on back order

CanadasPrincezz
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, I ordered my iPad Pro 4th gen on April 13. When I check the status it says I should receive within 5-7 business days. I have emailed the webstore and the automatic response says they'll get back to me within 3-4 business days, well, I email them almost 2 weeks ago to check my status. This coming Monday, will be 5 weeks since I ordered. They gladly took my money but don't have the common courtesy of replying to my email to let me know what's going on. Very disappointed.

Ordered mine April 10th, still waiting. I've had 2 human responses, took roughly 3-4 days to get back to me. As of yesterday they were still backordered with no eta given 😞

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey there,

I totally understand the frustration you all are feeling. We all got excited about ordering the latest and greatest iPad, and the wrong expectations were set with the estimated delivery dates. 

Reading on multiple forms online it seems this issue is effecting the majority of carriers in Canada, and retail stores. It appears the issue lies with Apple rather than the carriers. It seems during COVID-19 Apple is experiencing their own delays and have changed their process on shipping inventory to carriers. Carriers are unable to provide an estimate to customers, because Apple is not updating the carriers on delivery estimate. 

What can we do?

1. Wait for stock to come in for providers, so they can ship the iPads to us.
  2. Cancel the order, and wait until stock is updated, and re-order (would take longer than first option)
  3. Cancel the order, and get a different iPad.
  4. Cancel the order, and don't get an iPad.

The good news is we are not being charged for the plan attached to the iPad, since it has not arrived, and has not been activated. So we are at no financial loss, just running out of patience.

I agree, non of the options are good ones, but I personally will do my best to remember during COVID-19 businesses (telcom providers, amazon, etc) are all having to deal with new challenges, using resources to find work-around's, and are not purposefully delaying our shipments. 

Thanks for replying Brandon, but perhaps Telus needs to update their website. I placed my order April 13, the order still says 5-7 business days. The website says 3-4 weeks. I've been waiting well over 5 weeks without a word from them. It's false advertisement, if they don't have the product in stock they need to stop selling it and take it off their website. 

Hi @CanadasPrincezz 

I completely agree with you, and have submitted this feedback on your behalf to our webstore team to investigate.

With that being said, please note, during COVID-19 some departments within TELUS (and other companies) have been shutdown temporally due to many reasons such as staff calling in sick, some departments are located in regions where they are unable to work in office due to social distancing, and are unable to work from home either due to living conditions. With limited staff for departments such as webstore, it causes a bottleneck and further delays. For example, I work in a specific department in TELUS, however since COVID-19 I am also taking overflow for many other departments to help reduce delays and other bottlenecks. I am even volunteering on this forum in my spare time to help as many people as I can. I understand your perspective as a customer (I am also a Telus customer), and also know that its hard for customers to see the effort TELUS employees are making during this time. Although you are entitled to your opinion based on fact and or feelings, I would like to ensure you we are working overtime, and many are also volunteering in our spare times to help resolve issues such as this one.

As for the "incorrect" delivery status on the TELUS website: Once again, I totally understand how it may appear from your perspective which you are entitled too. Here is a different perspective that will hopefully provide more insight on what may have happened. The complaint regarding the the sock / delivery estimates is a common one. This complaint usually arises when a new device is released. With new releases of all Apple products (including the Apple iPad PRO 4th generation), they are in limited quantity with a high demand of customers wanting to purchase it. At the time you loaded the web page for the iPad, the delivery estimates were likely accurate, but while you were choosing the pricing option, plan option, reviewing your cart, entering your shipping info, searching in your wallet for your credit card, there may be hundreds of other customers purchasing the same iPad faster than you, resulting that delivery estimate changing before you were able to complete your order. 

I am truly sorry for the incorrect expectations that were set, and TELUS will do everything in its power to get more iPads in stock, and ship them out as soon as possible. 

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

BRANDON! Not sure what you did on your end, but I just got my shipped email! So, whatever you did, thank you!

@CanadasPrincezz You are so welcome! I am always here to help to the highest extent possible. I am glad you received a communication from TELUS notifying you that your order has been shipped! 

Hopefully the rest of you here with the same issue also receives an email soon 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

Is there any new updates on the delivery of Ipad pros? I have had an order in since June 8th and been quoted 7-14 days for delivery. But as of yet no results on delivery.

I have emailed and chatted with support but as of yet no answers as my email to web order support have gone unanswered and online chat keeps giving me an email for web order support. 

Looks like you have been doing a bit of magic around here for others hopefully you have more up top date news. 

Hey @Actionjax

He didn't do anything. He is just a employee that works for Telus but has no access to anyone's accounts. It was pure coincidence that the user got his shipped out after Brandon made that comment. Nothing more.

I ordered mine today ( June 24) and If you look at Telus website? It shows " Available online: In stock
Limited stock available, please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"

Now how can it be in stock yet shows 6-8 wee delivery? They don't have stock that's why. They are just putting that on their website to lure u into getting it.

Apples own website shows 3-4 weeks delivery time if u get it straight from them. This is for the exact same model as well.

If I have to wait 6-8 weeks? I might as well get ur from Apple or Bell which has some locations that have a few in stock and get it straight from them.

@Actionjax @BrandonT

So I spoke to 3 stores. They all have ordered the tablet for customers. It's in backorder and the word is that they will be at the stores on July 3rd. This is a store in Scarborough / Toronto.

The call center I spoke to said that some have been quoted 2-4 weeks but have gotten it faster. Depending on how they get stock.

Also the call center manager let me know that when it says " IN stock - Limited stock?" It means that they do have stock but it's limited. When they get more orders, they order more. If they truly didn't have stock? It would have shown " Out of stock". So its a bit confusing but it happens.

Also. As for AppleCare+. It seems it won't let u add the monthly payment option online. So she said that once the stores open? Bring the iPad when you get it to the store and they will add it on ur account with the S/N. Since the stores are closed, the call center / only won't let u add it,

Hi @Meowmix ,

Thanks for the additional context 🙂

The call center I spoke to said that some have been quoted 2-4 weeks but have gotten it faster. Depending on how they get stock.

Its true, although there is an estimate of 2-4 weeks, often times they arrive sooner. This is because TELUS would like to set the right expectations. We pad the estimates to include shipping delays, and other delays due to COVID-19.

Also the call center manager let me know that when it says " IN stock - Limited stock?" It means that they do have stock but it's limited.

Although this is technically more true compared to my explanation, in my explanation I stated it was out of stock to set more accurate expectations. "Limited Stock" does mean we have "Limited Stock" but often times that "Limited Stock" is for existing orders since there can be a delay of a few days.  Likely by the time you placed your order with "Limited Stock" we are usually sold out at that moment. On the flip side, some customers may  canceling their orders, and then more iPad's become available.  There are far to many factors to consider. I would suggest to consider "Limited Stock" as there is no stock, and more are on order. I hope that makes sense.

Also. As for AppleCare+. It seems it won't let u add the monthly payment option online. So she said that once the stores open? Bring the iPad when you get it to the store and they will add it on your account with the S/N. Since the stores are closed, the call center / only won't let u add it.

Yes, this is a known issue when ordering a device through the website. We are working hard to get this resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

I understand if things are on back order, it's understandable - what is infuriating is the complete lack of communication. I've ordered my iPad nearly a month ago (even though I was meant to have it by now, supposedly) and have had zero contact from Telus updating me on my order, whether it's been shipped, or even letting me know that my device was on back order in the first place. My card was charged, and yet I have no idea when or if I'll even receive my device. I've tried three times now within the past week to contact Telus and have had no responses. 

I can't imagine the back log they're having to deal with, but they need to do better to keep their customers informed and updated at the very least.

Hello @Wynn

Seems like Telus can't keep their word on " communication" when this happens. There isn't much excuse of " lack of representatives" since stores are opening as of today " June 29th) and the call centers are starting to go back to work / work from home.

Funny isn't it? They want to charge you for the taxes and all but won't even update you on information that you need. Furthermore the rest of the competition? They communicate to you. ( I came from the Rogers forums so u know). Also Apple? Has a 3-4 week delay as of last week. Yet they still email their customers letting them know information and whatnot..

I wonder what excuse is given now for the lack of communication?

Hello @Wynn

I ordered a couch back in the beginning of April from Ashley Furniture. Still hasn't come and telling me ending of July. Every 2 weeks they contact me letting me know if the date has changed or what the status is. Ontop of that? They offered a in store credit to get something because of the delay.

Moral of the story? They made effort to communicate every so often by email or phone. It seems Telus can't do the same with their customers. Only sends out text messages / calls or emails when you haven't paid you're bills.

Yeah COVID-19 has caused alot of backlogs and whatnot but a generic email once or twice a month to whomever ordered the device? Could be atleast a good thing to start with. Shows that they care to communicate to their customers rather then just taking their money.

@Meowmix... I totally agree with you, but unfortunately we’re just an account to Telus, and as long they’re making money from us is all they care.

in June I bought an item of Etsy, and they stayed while I waited for this item to arrived that was shipped from Hong Kong. This item made eventually and it earlier than what expected. I know an Etsy store... but I got messages from amazon, I got messages from ASOS, I got messages from Best Buy on items that were delay.
I only got the prof or purchase, saying it would take 2-4 weeks. And just one email once the 4 weeks were up saying it will take 2-4 more weeks. Since then it’s been now almost 6 weeks and no additional update.

Hey @MC82

There is another thread made for This as well ( a bigger one too).

However many are still waiting for theirs. The couch I ordered? Finally came in and Ashley Furniture gave me a $250 store credit because of the delay. Ontop of them doing their job to contact me about the delays.

Bell? Finally got stock stock from Apple. I only know this as I check online every single day and I also spoke to their head store in Toronto which got 2 in stock for customers who ordered them. Rogers got a small shipment of the 11" models too. So i don't know if Telus is having issues but something us happening.

Apple stores have no stock as Apple is trying to prioritize the online orders. Spoke to the Eaton's center and Fairview Apple store manager and got that information from both.

So who knows what the truth is. However I'm passing 7 weeks now as of this Monday.

Hey @BrandonT

Can you explain this to me? It baffles me and many others.

Why does Telus show " Available online: In stock
Limited stock available, please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery."?. If they have stock, don't you think the delivery date would be 3-5 days and not 6-8 weeks?.

Also here's another kicker. I know Apples website gets things faster and it's their own store but shows 3-4 weeks as delivery compared to 6-8 weeks with Telus.

Bell furthermore has some locations which have stock and are open. Telus? Most locations open up on the 29th. Verified this with the store manager at Scarborough Town Centre / Markville Mall. Bell has them in stock on their website and shows 3/5 day delivery.

So it seems to me, Telus systems don't actually know if stock is available, show " IN STOCK" yet makes u wait 6-8 weeks?. Makes no sense.

@BrandonT

It seems you have helped another user on another thread to have their order expedited. Are you able to do that for some of us here as well?. If so can u?

I can't edit my lost posts so I can removed or add anything.

Thank u!

Hi @Meowmix ,

You make some very valid points. I agree the website stock availability messages are somewhat confusing. Ill try an decrypt these statuses.

Why does Telus show "Available online: In stock", and underneath shows "Limited stock available, please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery." If they have stock, don't you think the delivery date would be 3-5 days and not 6-8 weeks?.

• Available online: In stock = It's in stock, and will be shipped within X business days.

• Available online: In stock (Limited stock available) = Stock is on its way to the TELUS warehouse from the manufacture. Instead of saying out of stock, we allow our customers to "pre-order" the device since we know there are more coming.

• Out of stock = We have no stock, and have not received any confirmation of shipment to the warehouse from the manufacture. Ordering the device is blocked, since we have no idea when stock will be replenished. 

I know Apples website gets things faster and it's their own store but shows 3-4 weeks as delivery compared to 6-8 weeks with Telus.

• From Apples website, the device is going from Apples warehouse >  to a courier > to your door.
    There are only two points of delay during COVID-19. Apples warehouse delays, and their courier delays. 

• From TELUS website, the device is going from Apples warehouse > to a courier >  TELUS warehouse >  to a courier > to your door.Since there is almost double the steps for TELUS inventory, more areas of delay during COVID-19 since there are multiple parts involved (Apple, Apples courier, TELUS, UPS/Canada Post). All these factors results in our delivery estimates doubling. 

Bell furthermore has some locations which have stock and are open. Telus? Most locations open up on the 29th. Verified this with the store manager at Scarborough Town Centre / Markville Mall. Bell has them in stock on their website and shows 3/5 day delivery.

• In regards to BELL and their inventory, I can only make assumptions such as: They received a larger order, they sell less inventory, or there warehouse is closer to Apples and receives shipments faster. This may or may not be factual, but hopefully that helps answer your question a bit.

It seems you have helped another user on another thread to have their order expedited. Are you able to do that for some of us here as well?. If so can u?

• I am proactively doing everything in my power to help our customers impacted by these high shipping delays. This includes your order too. Since this forum is not an official channel for TELUS support, we are unable to ask for specific information that identifies yourself, or your order to confirm there is no errors such as incorrect address. Its also unsafe to private message or post these details anywhere on this forum. I would suggest reviewing all your order details sent to your email and confirm the shipping address is correct as this can delay your delivery further. With all this being said, I will contact our webstore team, and fulfillment center to constantly make them aware of the effects the delays are causing which has sped up shipments previously. It all depends on where the delay is. Please know we will do everything on our power to ensure you receive your order as soon as possible. 

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].