cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy pay/bring it back

Frlsldr
Just Moved In
Little backstory first. My cousin had hooked me up a phone under his name, we just recently switched it over to my name. It was an easy pay/bring it back device. There was zero dollars remaining on the easy pay, and $570 dollars under the bring it back section in my telus app. My term is up on the device, and I’d like to upgrade. When I go to do so, I am told I owe the bring it back amount, even though my phone is in pristine condition… The phone is paid off, in full, but in order to upgrade, it’s going to cost me the roughly 600, or I get stuck paying the bring it back amount, or roughly 600. It’s frustrating. Either way I’m damned if I do, and damned if I don’t… Seems a little sus to me. Please explain
3 REPLIES 3

Syaoran
Rockstar
That is the way Bring It Back works. Cheaper payments for essentially leasing the device. If you want to own it to trade it in. The difference in cost is due. In my opinion, it is misleading at best and a legit scam at the worst

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @Frlsldr  as @Syaoran it is how the Bring it back program works, you get a higher discount on the device, however, I'm adding additional information on how to better understand the Bring it Back program, and you can decide in the future, if this is the best option for you.  See the link below. 

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-bring-it-back-device-upgrade-explained?linktype=searc...

jobrien
Advocate

Trade it in at Rogers and cancel your service with Telus Mobility. Don't pay for it, it'll keep costing you money. Once you port your number to Rogers, Telus will call you back with a special deal. And if they don't, it's their loss.