cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g/5g mobile data stopped working on all devices.

Mars
Just Moved In
Two days ago, all phones and tablets on my account (5 devices) stopped being able to use mobile data when connected to 4g or 5g network. I've had to go into all settings and switch to 3g. Is this happening to anyone else? When will this be fixed?
7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you reached out to technical support yet? This is something they'd be interested in hearing about. Issues like this can be extremely localized even to just a single tower, depending on the cause. If 3G is still working then the tower is at least partially functional.

Additionally, check Telus' outage page to see if there is any outage listed for your area. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have not had the time to spare a few hours it would consume to call and be on hold and go through the same troubleshooting we've already done over and over yet.

It's not localized to a single tower. We've driven all over southern Alberta and it's not working anywhere, not in Calgary, Lethbridge, and all around. The outage map doesn't show anything.

I was hoping someone else has experienced this and could give me a quick fix before I have to take on the tedious long task of calling tech support.

SavannahJ
Just Moved In

I'm in Ontario and it's about two months later but I'm having the same problem, though it doesn't seem to matter what network I use. My data just isn't working at all, even though everything is turned on and has the correct settings.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your best bet would be to reach out directly to our Mobility tech support team at 1-866-558-2273 or visit www.telus.com/status and click on the green 'Report an outage' button to send a report straight to them.

I don't think it's an outage, I think it's my phone's data not working. And I am already reaching out to the tech support team, right here. I'm not interested in calling a number. I despise talking on the phone; not to mention that a phone call would make it tedious to do any troubleshooting steps they might recommend. If the tech support team can't help us here in the forum, e.g. because they might need private information, then give us an e-mail address to contact.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

They don't have a direct email address. If you don't feel like calling in, you can always reach out via online chat over at www.telus.com/assist or visit the nearest TELUS store.

Username
Just Moved In
Hello from BC. On April 8 2024, Telus made some changes to their network. As a result, my Android phone (not sold by Telus) no longer connects to 4G. 3G only. After 3 calls and so many hours on the phone, I am offered the following solutions: buy a new Android phone supported by Telus, or live with 3G. It is hard not to see this as a push to sell more phones...