cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Trade-In Credit Delay

Shenn
Just Moved In

Beyond frustrated with the extended delay in receiving credit for my trade-in.  

Following instructions from Telus, I mailed my iPhone 12 Pro Max via Canada Post and it was received by Telus Dec 5, 2023 (Canada Post Tracking confirmed).  Jan 23, 2024 finally Received text from Telus indicating assessment was complete but no value given.  Continued to check "My Telus" website to determine value but "Manage Trade-In & Returns" was never updated after Jan 23rd which only showed "Device Received".  As of Mar 5, 2024 all information regarding my device trade-in was removed from the "My Telus" site...now "Manage Trade-In & Returns" only shows information about how to trade-in a device.

Mar 5, 2024 Spoke with Telus agent by phone who advised all he could do was provide me with an email for trade in support and what information to include in the email.  Mar 5, 2024 I emailed [email protected], confirming all relevant information about the phone including type, IMEI, associated phone number, etc. but have not received any response.

I want to know where my credit is.  The iPhone returned was in excellent condition and in perfect working order.

I am extra frustrated because Telus continues to wash its hands of questions regarding trade-ins due to the outside party used.  Our business had a similar situation in November 2023 with a phone trade-in which was assessed significantly lower than expected.  We received no response from support@Telustradein on that issue either.  Without videoing the device's condition, showing it in good working order and all buttons intact, as well as how it's packaged for return to ensure safe delivery, how can one dispute/ask for reassessment if responses are not timely.

If Telus is not going to adequately and within a reasonable time frame assess and credit traded-in mobility devices, then it should not offer the service online.  

Can someone offer another avenue to get some resolution on this credit issue?

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss your options, thanks.

Rgc
Just Moved In
Have you heard anything. I have spent hours on the phone from my January trade in that was recieved in February and I sent 2 phones back. My trade in credit for each phone was supposed to be $830 virtual mastercard. I only received 1 of the 2 cards on march 7th and I'm still fighting on the phone to try to get the credit for my second phone. Not 1 email I have sent has been replied to from the trade in email. And I am over 10hrs in calls between telus and "black hawk" which is the company that issues the virtual mastercard for the credit. I don't think I will be returning to telus when this phone is due to go back.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message as well, thanks.

Shenn
Just Moved In

I feel your pain.  I never received any response to emails nor from an Escalation form I submitted (even though it states "a member of our Escalation Team will get back to you with 2 days"...or some such wording).  This past week I was able to speak with an agent who decided to help me (after I prefaced my call by telling her how unbelievably angry/frustrated I was and all of the things I had done with the expectation of some investigation/resolution).   Initially the agent told me "a camera lens was broken so there was no credit" and I said "NOPE...I'm calling BS on that one".  I know the phone was in perfect working order (but of course, how could I now prove that). I demanded some compensation because it had been 5 months since the phone was sent so too much of a delay to ask for a reassessment.  I received almost the full credit, reminding Telus again of my long term commitment to them with no late/missed payments so they should have no reason to doubt my sincerity as well as all the effort I put in to determine what happened to my trade-in phone.

Bottom line is you'll have to keep pushing and hope you get the best agent by phone.  I never did get an answer as to why the website information regarding the trade-in was removed and why, if I received a text message in January stating my assessment was complete and credit would be applied in the next one or two billing cycles, there was no credit to be received.  Huh??!!

I will NEVER use the trade-in option with Telus again unless I can do it physically through a local agent and then, only if I can get a guarantee that the phone is in good working order/no broken parts. Like you, it's highly unlikely our business will be using Telus at all once our contract is up in 18 months.  It's not hubris to say this was the worst experience/service I have ever received from any company in my very long business career.  Truthfully, I felt like I'd been scammed by Telus...like, basically they had stolen my phone.  

I sincerely wish you the best of luck...you'll need it.

PS Not sure if you received the same request from Community Manager to get further assistance, but I signed into Telus neighbourhood with my My Telus account so requesting I use "X" or "Facebook" to get "verified" did not sit well with me (besides the fact I left Twitter a while ago and don't use Facebook).  

Rgc
Just Moved In
I escalated and refused to get off the phone until this was dealt with and I finally got my credit. But I had to jump through a million hoops. I said I wouldn't Renew with them next time and that escalated me quicker I found. I pay my bill on time and extra usually. I took video of our phones before sending them and sent them in the factory box that I got them in. I also said I will never do anything that means I'm getting a virtual credit card or it has to be mailed. The escalation girl told me alot of her calls have been about trade in issues. I said they need to investigate there 3rd party trade in company because it is making telus look bad. I hope yours gets resolved. To me it was unnecessary stress and unacceptable.

I wish you the best of luck!