cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call control cannot log on

Creatrix
Organizer

It was recommended I use #99 on my landline to help with blocking robo calls.

The computer generated voice response was this is not available to me with the type of account I hold.

I then tried to log on on my laptop/MyTelus and I get the 'eternal spinning wheel from hell' when I try and request this service.

Is this free offer only available for mobiles?

I consider myself astute and proactive with all types of scamming and have manged to block on individual calls..but that only take it so far: the limit of stored numbers is very small on the answering machine itself. 

thanks for any ideas re: getting this free (as suggested by the online tech support) service on to my landline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For landlines: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/call-control-explained

It's not #99, it's *99. As long as you have call display on your landline it should work.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For landlines: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/call-control-explained

It's not #99, it's *99. As long as you have call display on your landline it should work.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Creatrix
Organizer

Ah! Thank you!

Creatrix
Organizer

Hi again Nighthawk: tried both but no go: trying to get a response via the CHAT BOT turned my hair white: any other ideas?  or, maybe I just have to pour a cup of coffee and wait for a human tech. SO MANY bogus calls lately especially from 1-800 numbers

Creatrix
Organizer

OK Think I figured it out: had to log on to MYTELUS and request it there. Cheers for looking anyway.