cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#TELUS wifi does not connect

nueonetwo
Friendly Neighbour

When i try to connect to the #TELUS public wifi the sign in page does not load.  It times out after I click the push notification for "Sign into Telus" and says "Webpage not available ... net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

I currently use the Brave browser but I have tried this using chrome, samsung, firefox, etc. as my default browsers and regardless of what I have I still get the too many redirects message every time I try.  I have cleared caches for all browsers and that did not fix the issue.

17 REPLIES 17

nueonetwo
Friendly Neighbour

This is happening on my mobile phone, not a laptop.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's understandably frustrating. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

xray
Hero
I experienced the exact same symptoms just now when I was out for dinner.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @xray I'll send you a quick private message to discuss something quick.

Have had this same issue and error message since Friday. All devices show connected but no Wi-Fi

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Let's try a few additional steps to resolve this issue:

Clear Cookies and Site Data: In addition to clearing the cache, try clearing cookies and site data for your browsers. This can sometimes resolve redirect issues.

Disable Browser Extensions: Some browser extensions can interfere with the sign-in process. Try disabling any extensions, especially ad-blockers, privacy tools, or VPNs, and then attempt to connect again.

Try Incognito Mode: Open a new incognito/private browsing window in your browser and try connecting again. This mode disables extensions and uses a fresh session.

Check Time and Date Settings: Ensure your device's date and time settings are correct. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause connectivity issues.

Forget and Reconnect to Wi-Fi Network: On your device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, forget the TELUS public Wi-Fi network, and then reconnect to it.

Use Another Device: If possible, try connecting to TELUS public Wi-Fi using a different device to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is device-specific.

Reboot Your Device: A simple restart of your device can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please contact our support team for further assistance. 1-855-200-WIFI https://www.telus.com/en/internet/free-wifi-hotspots  

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I've done all this and it still persists. I can connect to Shaw Open, BC Ferries, airport networks and plenty of other open available networks but not the #Telus.

If you are still having trouble connecting to a hotspot, call 1-855-200-WIFI

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I've already been on the phone with your CRS for 2 hours already previously and none of the 8 people I spoke with had any idea what I was talking about and offered no help, will it be any different after I spend 20 minutes on hold with this batch and get bounced around to 8 other people? 

Did you call this number? This is specifically for TELUS WiFi.

I called the number and eventually got through, they added my Mac address and it still doesn't work. I still get the same error.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kOYppuG

Jisu
Friendly Neighbour

Hi did you fix it? I am exactly in the same situation. 

I had to call their 1-800 service line, wait on hold to get a human and they ended up putting me on hold to fix it in the back end.

When I asked what that means they said they had to re-do my profile. The original one was corrupted somehow.

I told them from the start it was not a hardware issue... I gave them error codes..
I kept repeating that all reboots did not fix it.

They insisted on me moving cables around, unplugging and re-plugging in and even using a pin to do a hard reset on my Telus Router as well as the 10G Gateway panel that the fiber runs into on my wall.

At the end of the day it was a corrupt profile.

Good luck! I hope your issue gets resolved soon!

Christine

Jisu
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for your reply! Where did you get that number?

Ivy911
Neighbour

Hi,

I am currently experiencing this issue with my home internet which I use for teleworking. It will it will let me connect it I say "use connection anyways" but it's too slow to load anything. 

I tried restarting my modem. 

Ivy911
Neighbour

I am experiencing the same issue on my home internet. 

All my devices will not connect. I tried putting in "connect anyways" on my mobile and it connected but nothing would load. Showing 5 bars. 

I tried restarting and nothing changed. 

My issue was that all hardware seemed to be working properly, connected...etc... in fact, I had full working internet and fibe TV for about a week. But then, one day it was showing an error message saying "connected but no wifi".

The fix was me calling and speaking to a live person who ran me through all power on, power off, and even reset both the square Gateway 10G box attached to my wall, as well as the cylinder Router.... nothing helped....

So he put me on hold and said he'd talk to people behind the scenes.... who then advised that it was a problem with my PROFILE. They created a new profile for me and instantly everything worked again.

It's been running great ever since.

Hope this helps!

Christine