cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Unlimited Data Plan Overage Charges after Plan Change

dshuffman45
Neighbour

I recently changed to unlimited internet data. But My Telus, is not showing the change and says I have gone over my old usage limit. Does anyone know if will get charged for the usage after I changed to the unlimited data?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your data may be prorated. Let's say your plan had 100GB of data, and you consumed 70 GB in the first 15 days of your billing period. If you change to unlimited on Day 16, the unlimited package starts then, so you are billed for the excess 20 GB you use on the old plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your data may be prorated. Let's say your plan had 100GB of data, and you consumed 70 GB in the first 15 days of your billing period. If you change to unlimited on Day 16, the unlimited package starts then, so you are billed for the excess 20 GB you use on the old plan.

NFtoBC

What do I do if I keep getting charged if I am still on my old limited plan?

That has happened to me before, had to keep calling telus for a refund. And on my Telus page, it is still showing me old limited plan internet plan even though I changed to unlimited data.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then you will need to call in to get them to update, since your change appears not to have been applied.

NFtoBC